By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I had a food allergy test done because of an ugly acne upswing, and after over a year of vegetarianism, I find out that I'm allergic to soy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 173
You deserved it 22 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People, seriously, shut the hell up on hating vegetarians. It's a personal choice, and if they're not pushing it on you, then you have no right to be pushing them to eat meat. There are entire countries with the majority of it's people being vegetarian. Do you hate on them? And I really doubt some of you are !00% carnivores. You can't survive on just meat, just so you know. There are other things you can eat besides soy products, and there are other alternatives. Also, you guys aren't being witty or funny with your comments saying, "Oh too bad, just go eat a steak and get over it." You're just sounding like an idiot.

Comments

whoaalexgoalex 0

I'm a vegetarian too, wow that sucks.

Why do people put down vegetarians so much; I'm a vegetarian and I don't even do it for the animals... I just don't like meat. (Unless they're trying to tell you YOU have to become a vegetarian in which I kinda don't blame you). Anyways, that sucks. Tofu is awesome :(. But it took you that long to find out?

I don't like vegetarians personally because every vegetarian I know is adamantly against the concept of OTHERS eating meat, and that just offends me. I'm not suggesting all of them are like that, just the ones I've met. Also, I understand some reasons for becoming vegetarian, but not the "meat is murder" one. Of all the omnivorous species on Earth, humans are one of the only ones to have vegetarians.

Arinwyn 0

Hillshire farms - go meat! But really, that sucks. Look into different substitutes?

#16 Soy isn't synthetic - that's a very odd statement. Have you ever eaten a soybean? Edamame?

vegetarianism or veganism? because I don't think I've ever had soy and I've been a vegetarian for about a year and a half too.

magnetic_aura 26

That's weird. No soy substitutes for meat products? What do you eat? Not to be rude, I'm really just curious... When I was vegetarian, I ate tons of tofu products.

I love edama With some salt and lemon delicious

My friend's a vegetarian too, but she usually just eats vegetables and pastas. You could do that instead of eating soy (unless you're a vegan?). She's been a vegetarian since she was... I think eight or nine (I don't keep track). Anyway, you could always switch to salads. Soy isn't the only thing you can eat.

you need protein though. :( I wish I could just live off pasta hah

There's protein in beans and other nuts besides soy. And assuming she is not vegan, there is also some protein in dairy products. I consider myself kind of lucky as far as protein goes. I had a specific kind of cancer when I was 4 and now have to be on a low protein diet. I've been vegetarian for around 12ish years. I stopped keeping track when it stopped being hard.