By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I had a food allergy test done because of an ugly acne upswing, and after over a year of vegetarianism, I find out that I'm allergic to soy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 173
You deserved it 22 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People, seriously, shut the hell up on hating vegetarians. It's a personal choice, and if they're not pushing it on you, then you have no right to be pushing them to eat meat. There are entire countries with the majority of it's people being vegetarian. Do you hate on them? And I really doubt some of you are !00% carnivores. You can't survive on just meat, just so you know. There are other things you can eat besides soy products, and there are other alternatives. Also, you guys aren't being witty or funny with your comments saying, "Oh too bad, just go eat a steak and get over it." You're just sounding like an idiot.

Comments

No, vegetarians are awesome. People who think otherwise aren't.

You deserve it for being a vegetarian.

I stopped being a vegie after 18 years. The best thing I ever did!

Now you will have to live without food. Only water

fuckthiscity: Exactly, which is why peanuts, beans, and other legumes have proteins in them. Some salads actually have nuts, beans, etc. in them.

You should definitely not be eating so much soy, regardless. Chances are you developed an allergy by eating too much of it. Stay away from that shit. Eat real food.

Ydi for being a vegetarian our mouths and bodies our designed to eat meat, our ancestors started developing larger brains when they stopped foraging and began hunting, and besides, have you ever seen a hot veg? Not eating meat is probably what caused your acne. Still, it's your decision, I really couldn't care less I just won't do it.

dontpanic_fml 32

You really couldn't care less, huh? That's why you made it a point to take a few minutes out of your day to blast something that has NO impact on you? I love how vegetarians are hated for being preachy and harpy, and...well, just read through these posts here...ha...yeah, you guys are the chill, open-minded ones. I haven't eaten meat in over nine years and I've never touched soy. There are other ways.

You're probably eating too many soy substitute products. Try eating the real thing every once and a while.

#50-How does NOT eating meat cause acne? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.