By Anonymous - 29/12/2015 00:00 - United States - Granger

Today, I got together a surprise party for my mom's birthday. I invited all her friends and her douchebag boyfriend who I don't get along with. When my mom got home, he took credit and got her friends to back him up with bribing. My mom said I'm selfish and horrible for not trying for her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 259
You deserved it 1 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

johnny29 14

I can't belive your mother's friends did that..

That's a lovely gesture for your mother OP! The truth will come out eventually... It's just incredibly selfish of him to take the credit.

Comments

I can't believe your mom would believe someone else over you anytime. FYL for real man. Sorry you don't deserve that shit.

I hope you told her the truth and got other people to back you up. For example the nice lady you bought the cake from or the salesclerk where you bought the decorations from. Or even get your moms friends to tell the truth. They should have no problem betraying a douche bag if they can betray a kind person.

I can't believe your mother wouldn't believe you...

Could you try contacting the people who made the cake or what not or use your bank account to prove it? Sorry op that's complete bullshit

And you know if you didn't invite him she'd make a fuss that you don't support their relationship. Tell your Mum what happened and then walk away why waste energy on negative people

j_lee_b 14

damn OP, i'm sorry. just keep doing great things & you'll get the recognition you deserve. kharma's a bitch & your mom's boyfriend will get kicked in the ass eventually. keep your head up!

mariri9206 32

Anything you bought for the party, give him a bill and make him pay for it. If he's gonna take all the credit for it, then he needs to incur the expense, and not just with him bribing everybody. Also, maybe stop talking to your mom for a while. If she's trusting her boyfriend over her kid, then she obviously doesn't have much respect for you and cares more about her boyfriend. Cutting her out of your life might do some good. About a year or two ago, I had some problems with my dad so I cut him out of my life - I didn't talk to him, didn't answer his phone calls, didn't call him, didn't see him when he came to visit my sister - and you know what? It worked. He realized I was super mad at him and that we have a problem so, when I *did* let him back in my life (which I only did cause my mother's father passed away and she wanted to me make things right with my dad), he agreed to sit down and listen to what caused our problems and agreed to work on it. Our relationship still isn't perfect but it's better and we're trying. Side note: In case anyone is wondering, I was able to cut him out so throughly and not have to see him at home because my parents are divorced.

Aw, don't worry! Try and tell your mum the truth!