By Anonymous - 24/10/2013 19:16 - United States - Albuquerque

Today, I got stuck in an elevator for well over an hour while riding it up to my weight and fitness class. Very funny, universe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 030
You deserved it 9 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

The irony! Lol. That's something to laugh at in a week or two! Good for you trying to be in shape!

graceinsheepwear 33

The right action is stairing you right in the face!

Comments

Awww that sucks. Hope you feek better OP ;)

MichellinMan 20

I really hope he feeks better too.

I'm wondering what the winky face is for.

\ 28

He's lucky that "K" is right next to "L" on the keyboard.

to state the obvious - if OP took fewer elevators and more stairs, perhaps there wouldn't be a need for "weight and fitness class". So many people are totally inactive in daily life and then go to a gym.

monnanon 13

maybe op is unable to take the stairs. they could have difficulty walking or be in a wheelchair.

olpally 32

The irony! Lol. That's something to laugh at in a week or two! Good for you trying to be in shape!

JuliaaNoelle 26

Hopefully OP's not claustrophobic! I know I'd be terrified from claustrophobia if that happened to me.

Shoulda taken the stairs, well, guess you'll know next time

At least it gave you time to appreciate how funny the universe can be.

FLASH,, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Savior of the Universe.

graceinsheepwear 33

The right action is stairing you right in the face!

OP needs to take the right steps and elevate their fitness.

Let me guess...you drive to the gym to walk on a treadmill too.

zgomon 10

And use the the electric wheel chairs in the stores to get to the dietary supplements.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Hey now, I used to be a pudgy bastard back in the day, but through rigorous exercise and diet I am no longer "Mr. Fat Boy". I'm now Mcfeelii with two mother ******* "i's" world.. Haha.. Naw.. I have a fast metabolism so I'm just lucky.. But see, OP, you can do it! Just imagine the person you want to be and treat your body like a temple. You'll be the queen of the world one day, you just need to work towards it. You are making a change, that elevators just jealous.

And order 3 triple cheeseburgers with large fries and a diet coke

Rainhawk94 27

Its saying...use the stairs next time

*it's I know. I am a nitpicking asshole. *Sets self on fire*

" I know, I am a nitpicking asshole. " Notice the use of a comma. *sets you on fire*

SilverInGray 25

63 - what he said was grammatically correct. They were both complete sentences.

That's when you scream mightily and wrench open the doors. You could also break open the roof and pull yourself up the elevator cables. All that exercise must be good for something, you know.

At least you could have done jumping jacks or push ups. It wasn't a total loss of time. It would have been really awkward if other people were trapped with you though.

Or develop some elevator-specific moves and start a new "elevator fitness" craze. The video for Gangnam Style comes to mind.

Jumping jacks or any kind if jumping sounds terrifying in an already broken elevator!! And #35 I actually laughed when I read that haha

OP could have done sit-ups though. Imagine how many they could have gotten in while waiting for the elevator to start back up.

How about taking the stairs.. If you would automatically do that you probably wouldn't need this class..

Depending on how strenous their workout, or how many floors they have to go up they might feel the better thing to do is take the elevator. Myself, I would, since my asthma likes to trigger climbing stairs, but not as much on stationary activities... (and yeah, I do now have an inhaler, but I didn't always. which is how I found this info out)