By Anonymous - 10/09/2009 06:02 - United States

Today, I got stuck in an elevator for 45 minutes. I am an elevator mechanic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 666
You deserved it 6 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh, no. Elevator mechanics can't do anything while they are stuck in an elevator. Maybe, he was working at a place where there are multiple elevators, and he used a working one and got stuck in it. It's not like he can do anything if he's stuck in an elevator on the way down.

Comments

No one cares. I'm considering calling this FML fake because I find it pretty hard to believe. But anyway, if it is real - consider a change in career.

You cared enough to reply to his message.

And I cared enough to hit the thumbs down on his sorry ass.

vballerlover07 0

Agreed #63.. Oh the irony in this FML..

i agree.... he failz at doing his job yet he doesnt notice until now...

Uh, no. Elevator mechanics can't do anything while they are stuck in an elevator. Maybe, he was working at a place where there are multiple elevators, and he used a working one and got stuck in it. It's not like he can do anything if he's stuck in an elevator on the way down.

that is a pretty shady fml. i think someone is lying.

ely46 0

That really sucks, but it is one of those things that is so ironic that you just have to laugh! I voted FYL because I figured that you were most likely not working and therefore did not have your tools or equipment with you. Think about it, if the OP was working and had everything with him, he would have a radio of some kind that worked in elevators and would have been able to radio for help. Common sense, Ret, is something that you are lacking.

It's not like I haven't heard that before ;)

to ret and ely46, did you ever consider the fact that he wasnt working at the time and doesnt have the proper equipment to fix the elevator, the only reason its an FML is because of the irony.

lincoln, did you even read ely's comment? no... no, you didnt.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

lincolnLS; read ely46's comment again you basically reiterrated what he just said

danz123 7

it is pretty funny. but pretty unrealistic. I have to say that this is fake.

monnanon 13

its very realistic, people get stuck in elevators all the time lol. The OP was probably not working in said elevator at the time like others have said

I have also been trapped in a lift while fixing it, giving it a test run and it brokedown, luckily I left my release key outside and I was rescued by 5 giggling nurses, hard to live that one down! 9 times out of 10 you could pull the car doors open from the inside and get out that way but I wouldn't advise it just wait until you get rescued, so many safety devices on lifts (Elevators) nowadays you'd be fine!