By kodijack - 25/01/2010 18:13 - United States

Today, I got stuck behind a guy riding his bike 20 mph below the speed limit. I honked, cursed, screamed, and yelled, before finally managing to overtake him. Once I got home, I went outside to get the paper, and discovered that the biker lives just two doors down from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 665
You deserved it 35 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

plutosaplanet 0

i beeped at people as they pulled out of my condo complex almost hitting me. i dont care where you live, if you drive like an idiot im going to let you know.

"i honked, cursed, screamed, and yelled"... holy crap. calm down. maybe you should look into anger management programs... he's on a bike what do you expect.

Comments

"i honked, cursed, screamed, and yelled"... holy crap. calm down. maybe you should look into anger management programs... he's on a bike what do you expect.

Leahbabe15 0

Next time it will be "I honked, I cursed, I screamed, but the kid on the trike needed to die..."

They meant a motorcycle I think. not a bicyclist.

bikrnick 0

If a car is stuck behind a cyclist then the cyclist SHOULD move over. But usually, cyclists try to stay on roads with PLENTY of passing space! :)

ndiesal 0

Bikes belong on the sidewalk. They hold traffic up, are hard to see, and if you happen to innocently hit one, you're in deep shit usually

u asshole I'm a hardcore biker and it's people like you that make me want to abolish cars how ******* hard is it to go around bikers are actually working and all you have to do is push down on a peddle you lazy dick

People who bike on the roads are ******* cocksuckers I dont care if its illegal I bike on the side walk. The only bikes that should be allowed on the roads are those 80 mph ones

try going now the continental decide on a side walk going 60 mph than well talk anyways I've been in countless situations where I'll get stuck behind a car that's going slower than me btw I'd like to see you say that to my fae

birds_fml 7

@OP: congrats. You've obviously always been an asshole, but now one of your neighbors knows it. I don't see how this changes things, except to maybe look at your behavior and realize what a dick you are.

i remember that part and assumed that they were talking about motorbikes and I'm like "Yeah it makes sence that they have equal rights on roads as cars" a few years later i found out they meant bicycles

Okay, you know what? Maybe all cyclists can't reach speeds of 55 MPH, while still having to take the same route as you do. Totally their fault for being incapable of matching a motor vehicle's speed. Do you *have* a driver's license? Did you even read the driver's test manual? Did you perhaps skip over the section that covers cyclists and pedestrians? The section that notes how you should exercise caution around both? I'm sure honking and cursing at frail elderly persons who can't get across the street in time for the light to change is completely fine in your book, too. I do hope you don't get to drive for much longer. The road doesn't need any more of your kind.

At first I was wondering why everyone was clicking YDI because I misunderstood it to mean that it was a motorcycle going 20 below the speed limit, which is clearly stupid. Then I realized that he was talking about a bicycle... Can't really do much about a bike going 20 below. The bike could've and should've moved over and even used the sidewalk (even if it's illegal to do so).

Did the OP mean bicyclist or a Motorcycle ? It makes a big difference who was wrong on this .

You make this sound like he was in the middle of the street ... Why did you not call the nearest old person's home to see if someone broke out and is using your neighbor's house for shelter?!

CyclonePsycho 1

Whoa, relax there, OP. Unless you were driving to the hospital because your head was bleeding profusely from the ear, then you need to just take a deep breath and move on. Bicyclists are part of everyday life. The sooner you learn to deal with them, the sooner everyone goes home happy.