By Anonymous - 26/07/2012 17:02 - United States - Winter Park

Today, I got my laptop back after waiting weeks for it to be fixed. It turns out that they didn't fix it; they dusted it off, held it for a few days, and sent it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 700
You deserved it 1 933

Same thing different taste

Top comments

VooDooCarrie91 19

That's why I can't stand customer service!

Comments

nela25 23

Welcome to the customer service in the United States... or should I say. Bienvenidos! Como puedo ayudarte?

unknown_user5566 26

There's no indication that OP is from the US (at least not on the android app). Pretty sure there is shitty customer service everywhere, not just in America.

A7X_LoVeee 10

It says OP is from Florida. So yes, US. That's an android for you:P haha

unknown_user5566 26

Ah, stupid Android app! I really prefer using FML on my iPad because I can actually see all the poster's details.

I would rather have customer service from America than anywhere else!!!

BradTheBrony 19

Uh, #47, the Mexican stereotype is HOUSEKEEPERS and MAIDS. Shouldn't that be Indian, not Spanish?

redhedsaysrawr 18

I feel your pain, OP... Dell fixed mine, however they wiped my hard-drive, but in addition to the personal files which i new would be deleted so i backed up, it also took all the free preloaded software i had on it before that i CANT get back without either paying or having them download... im so mega pissed...

TheDrifter 23

You should have a restore disc. Its all on there.

Sounds like service in all countries. I'm glad, though, that where I live, you may either get your money back or a brand new pc if it still has the same error after 2 repairs. Hope you have the same rights!

almostmarried 5

That sucks. Hope you get a deal for services. Thats bullshit

ceccles628 6

Did you send it to the wrong place? Maybe s cleaning service perhaps?

Warranty Logistics? They've done that to me four times now, and I'm still waiting I get it back this time.

Demand your money back. If you don't get it, sue.

Or...this may sound crazy, I know...just bear with me...or perhaps you could ASK THEM TO FIX IT instead of jumping to a frivolous ******* lawsuit? Why the hell is that the attitude these days? Something goes wrong...sue!

I mean that she paid them to fix it. The company was likely advertised. They didn't fix it, and technically just took OP's money through a scam.

linkinpark98 23

The exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. Couldn't stand the place. My screen had cracked from a fall to the ground, and all they did was put one of those plastic wrappings over the screen to make it look like they fixed it. -_-

ericathealien 7

Just throwing this out there, sometimes all a computer needs is a good cleaning. Dust can really mess with performance and overheating issues. That still sucks though if there were other problems that weren't resolved by this.

Especially if there was no specific problem given, they may have opened it up and seen a mess of shit in there, thought "ah this must be the source of the problem", cleaned and booted and found no other issue. I find a lot of people with IT problems are very very vague. "It just doesn't work properly" isn't a justified error message people.