By Acneface - 28/06/2009 00:55 - France

Today, I got my hair done, eyebrows waxed, and a new expensive dress to impress my boyfriend. When I got home I asked him if he noticed anything different about me. He looked at me for one minute before asking, "Did you finally start using Proactive?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 163
You deserved it 5 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the secret to proactive. It shapes your eye brows and cuts your hair.

Would you rather him say, "I'm glad you finally got your eyebrows waxed. Those things were starting to look like caterpillars."? Us guys don't know about every little thing that you girls put into stuff like this, we just know that you did something. All we really notice is that something about you is prettier.

Comments

what a douchebag. the problem isnt that he didnt notice the eyebrows or the dress or whatever...it's that he made some shitty comment about proactive instead of just saying "you look nice." he could at least have kept his mouth shut if he didn't have anything nice to say about her appearance.

Guys don't notice much unless it was on tv or in a video game.

Guys and me. ;D What happens outside of TV and games usually goes unnoticed.

BigSky 5

I guess he had gotten used to your unibrow.

No, he hadn't, or he would have noticed it was gone.

YDI, women who fish for compliments deserve to be shot down. As a man it is REALLY annoying and superficial. Please women stop this crap and just grow some self esteem.

lmmmr 0

So annoying and superficial things mean you deserve to be shot? Because I guarantee you are annoying and superficial sometimes. Should someone shoot you?

You missed the very important word, "down." Shooting someone down is a figurative phrase for deflating their ego.

Shot down is a euphemism. It means to be rejected or ignored.

emo_goth14 0

You can do so much better if he can't notice all the work you put into that look and how beautiful you must already be.

hotstuff81 0

You can do so much better. Your boyfriend is a dick.

Noxx_fml 0

Okay enough of this horse bull sh!t. Women, if you want us to notice something new about yourselves do what men do. Tell us what you got done to yourself and ask us what we like about it. It's that simple. YDI for not knowing how men work and expecting something different.

It's just so stupid how girls expect guys to notice every little thing about them. If we don't, they flip a shit. You girls need to stop being so selfish in your relationships, b/c its kinda hard for the guy to keep up...

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Guys pay no attention to detail. It's no wonder a lot of them are just plain dumb most of the time o_O it amazes me that some people here are so against feminism, that women should always be home cooking/cleaning, and men should be working, when in reality, men don't notice a single damn thing. so how do they do jobs correctly? :3 OP; FYL. D: he's a douchemuffin. ohh, && everyone on iPhones/iPod touches, don't use emoji in your comments, they just come up as little squares on the computer, where most people visit the site(:

lmmmr 0

Don't bring feminism into this. I am a feminist (not a feminazi) and have argued up and down with half of the posters here over it. There is absolutely nothing, NOTHING sexist about a guy not noticing when a girl waxes her eyebrows. There IS something sexist about you suggesting that he fails to perform his "job" by failing to notice minuscule differences in her facial hair. Do you notice every time your boyfriend shaves a slightly different angle to his stubble? I don't. And I definitely do not expect my boyfriend to notice how many hairs I have in my eyebrows. You fail, my friend. I'm sorry.

As much as we all enjoy listening to people take a political stand on FMLife.com...(nobody cares #42) FYL OP, but be careful with questions like that next time. Guys or girls expecting one another to notice something like that is a gamble..

Wooooow. What part of feminism requires people to notice that you look pretty?