By Acneface - 28/06/2009 00:55 - France

Today, I got my hair done, eyebrows waxed, and a new expensive dress to impress my boyfriend. When I got home I asked him if he noticed anything different about me. He looked at me for one minute before asking, "Did you finally start using Proactive?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 162
You deserved it 5 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the secret to proactive. It shapes your eye brows and cuts your hair.

Would you rather him say, "I'm glad you finally got your eyebrows waxed. Those things were starting to look like caterpillars."? Us guys don't know about every little thing that you girls put into stuff like this, we just know that you did something. All we really notice is that something about you is prettier.

Comments

That's the secret to proactive. It shapes your eye brows and cuts your hair.

well, in the commercials, the after pictures DO always have better hair. and better clothes. and better makeup. ah, the wonders of proactive.

Bummer - but you know guys don't notice stuff like that. You've gotta do that stuff for yourself. (LOL at #1's comment)

jncwmnd 0

so thats the secret! LOL i love it yeah..guys never notice things like that unless 1.you wax all ur eyebrows and pencil them on, then its just creepy 2. your haircut is awful 3. you leave the price tag on the dress for him to notice maybe u should get proactive...if thats the one thing he thought u did, maybe u need it (not to be rude!) and its probably cheaper than all of that

lmmmr 0

And they smile. And you really can't blame your boyfriend for not noticing that you have fewer hairs above your eyes. And unless you got your hair cut drastically, he's going to assume it just happens to look different that day. And wearing new clothes is hardly worth commenting on. These are not things that girls do for guys to notice. But Good News! Your skin appears to be clearing up. That's fantastic. Congrats.

infest0125 0

Now would be an appropriate time to mention that in just about all cases I've seen proactiv doesn't actually work....

Yulia_fml 0

See, that kind of freaks me out about moving in with a boyfriend. They just take you for granted too soon. I'd rather have that happen when it's supposed to and I'm prepared for it - marriage =P

voveraite 7

Yulia, they should never take you for granted. Whether they just moved in, or after 20 yrs of marriage. You shouldn't take them either. (don't burst my bubble, people, kay?)

No. They shouldn't. In either case. Male or female. But most of the time, they do.

I live with my boyfriend and yeah, a lot of my work around the apartment goes unnoticed/isn't acknowledged at all. It's not like I expect him to say thanks all the time, but once in a while would be appreciated, you know!?! My boyfriend wouldn't have noticed any difference in my appearance either. The other day he told me he notices when I dress up for no reason, put on makeup [which I hardly do], or when I change my hair [I usually just leave it down]. He said he notices, thinks how pretty I look or whatever, but just doesn't say anything to me. Then he tells me, "so next time you decide to dress up for no reason, just know that I'm complimenting you in my head". lmao. WTF is that!?!

Would you rather him say, "I'm glad you finally got your eyebrows waxed. Those things were starting to look like caterpillars."? Us guys don't know about every little thing that you girls put into stuff like this, we just know that you did something. All we really notice is that something about you is prettier.

amandajlucas2015 2

That's y I never hardly wear makeup not even around my boyfriend except or special occasions or goin out on a date or something.. That y I know he notices

gorguz14evar 0

Well he noticed your better skin.. Take it as a compliment missy. FYL.

FYL because your boyfriend is dumb enough to think Proactive actually works. Drink more water and start using a milder facial cleanser.

jnic 0

FYL because proactive didn't work for YOU. Works great for me. If I stop and just use a regular cleanser for a week, big pimples start coming back.

FYL for being snappy. Oh, and dependent on an acne cream.

ImAllFailure 0

I hate those proactive commercials!They say how they had no self esteem and how the tiniest pimple ruined their life. Then, they have perfect skin, hair, and clothes and say they are just like us. The real secret to Proactive? The power of Photoshop!

i say this to so many people on fmylife... DUMP HIM!

Dump him? If you dump every guy that doesn't notice these sort of things, chances are you'll never keep a boyfriend.

You must have incredibly high standards. Are you a Twilight fan by chance? #17 is right by the way.

lmmmr 0

Lawl twilight. HEY! Edward would have smelled the difference. But that is absolutely ludicrous to suggest dumping someone because they don't know that you got your eyebrows waxed. Guys wouldn't notice if 95% of women never waxed their eyebrows again. It is not something girls do because it makes them prettier by guys' standards (with the exception of extreme cases). It makes you prettier by girl standards. If you want someone to notice that you had your hair blown out and eyebrows waxed, go to your best friend, not your boyfriend.

Dump him? This is like reading "He's Just Not That Into You". If he doesn't call you when he says he's going to, dump him. If he doesn't open the car door for you or push your chair in, dump in. Basically, the book says to dump every guy you ever date or will date. Sorry, but not every guy is going to call when they say they're going to, push your chair in, open car doors, pay the tab at the restaurant, etc. My boyfriend doesn't open the door for me or push my chair in and we've been together for 2 years. Just because he didn't notice her new hair style, etc. isn't a reason to dump him.

crapthisismylife 0

Omg that was awesome. I hate when people are like that... Normal expectations please? :] lol

I don't really see what the big deal is. Anyway. Why do you need to impress him? He's clearly already hooked if he's your boyfriend.