By Acneface - 28/06/2009 00:55 - France

Today, I got my hair done, eyebrows waxed, and a new expensive dress to impress my boyfriend. When I got home I asked him if he noticed anything different about me. He looked at me for one minute before asking, "Did you finally start using Proactive?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 163
You deserved it 5 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the secret to proactive. It shapes your eye brows and cuts your hair.

Would you rather him say, "I'm glad you finally got your eyebrows waxed. Those things were starting to look like caterpillars."? Us guys don't know about every little thing that you girls put into stuff like this, we just know that you did something. All we really notice is that something about you is prettier.

Comments

Look at it this way - you don't have to spend all of that money to impress him. He already likes the way that your eyebrows, hair, and clothes look. He didn't notice that you changed anything, because you're apparently already so good at personal upkeep -except maybe for some acne, so if you do want to make sure you've got him hooked, look into a facial cleaner that works for you. Although really, I don't think you looking pretty will do anything for your relationship unless your boyfriend is really shallow. Ask for a little constructive criticism and try to change if you really want to impress him.

You should just have said 'do you like my new dress?' and ''I've had my hair cut what do you think?' no guy will ever notice if you shaped/tidied your eyebrows (unless they were massive before) because it's such a common thing to do, people do it as part of personal grooming like shaving your legs, it's not really a special thing to do.

Jarlais 0

Why would you ask a guy that? The result can only be bad...

Lalala203 0

Doesn't that mean your acne cleared up..

I wrote a long comment. Then I realized I'm just as full of bullshit as anyone else here. All I can say is, he sounds like a jerk, but it's a bad idea to ask that question. Even if he wanted to punish you for asking that question, using acne is a really low blow. Regardless of the circumstances, you should get rid of him. Imagine that MIB came to your house and all of a sudden you found yourself without a man, with a beautiful new dress, nice hair, and looking all pretty around town, the newest Ms. Available to re-enter society. Do it for you.

lmmmr 0

Michael Ian Black? He can come to my house.

I should add to my comment that the chances of anyone noticing your eyebrows is almost nil. Eyebrows? pfft. Maybe if you waxed out a unibrow or took them off completely. And it's possible that the changes that look significant to you really don't alter your appearance much. Because having your hair 'done' might actually be a very small change, something he'd assume you did yourself. And a new dress is not special if you buy a lot of clothes or if it's a style he sees everywhere. It's not like you came in wearing bright orange crocs and said "Notice anything different about my feet?" Anyway, if you decide to stay with him, just don't ask if your jeans make you look fat. Ask instead if your relationship has stagnated and if he feels like things are just same ol' same ol'. Humans are designed to adapt and get used to things. Becoming comfortable with a significant other is just part of being human. But if you're feeling something is lacking, then it's best to start dealing with it directly and working on making changes not for him, but for both of you. If it's only for him, it's going to end badly. You both have to be happy inside of yourselves before your relationship can reflect it. Wow. That all kinda came out wrong and twisted but the gist is there.

@Immmr: No, Men In Black, as in the movie. They went to that woman's house and messed with her memory so she'd think she kicked her abusive husband out, rather than him being devoured by a massive alien cockroach.

jeanniner 0

seriously, don't expect guys to give you compliments. They never come. (the compliments I mean)

ithedarkknight 0

WHAT! if i had a girl that went all out like that just to grab my attention... i would of... lol but yea maybe your boyfriend doesnt know how to appreciate something good when he has it... or he is probably playing it off cus girls get turned on more when a guy doesnt care much...makes more for a thrill to try to break us... women are so weird... so id probably would of played that snob attitude too then later destroyed you in the room =P

#52/beckified: the website itself is spelled proactiv.com. The name "Proactiv" is derived from the word proactive, meaning to take the initiative so it can be spelled whichever way you want. (wiki) i dislike those who tries to correct something as small as this. i would understand if the whole paragraph or sentence was just gibberish. i've seen too many grammar police ppl going around, correcting words like "ur" and other abbrev internet slang. c'mon...it's just the internet. be nice and let's just share our opinions on this topic. xD anyway, i agree with #50/your_face. lol, you don't have to spend a lot of money in a relationship. after a while, it's going to be tiresome and time consuming to look good all the time. maybe once in a way for special occasions and whatnot. guys don't really notice much. my best guy friend told me guys can tell the difference between handbags, should bags, etc. lol, just be confident! and appreciate the way you look. i bet your bf still think you're adorable in jeans and slacks. :)

ReallyNeedsRehab 0

hahaha atleast he noticed something :]