By CorCelesti - 02/06/2014 14:00 - United States

Today, I got married. My father saw this as a good time to give some solemn, heartfelt advice to my new husband: "That ring gets real heavy fast." I was standing right there. So was my mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 855
You deserved it 4 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ThatOneGuy719 16

Congratulations! And hopefully your husband sees things differently than your father

Could of been worse, could have been "The first person the police investigate in murder is the spouse. Tells you something about marriage."

Comments

Congrats OP! Don't let your pessimistic father try to make your big day any less incredible.

Rei_Ayanami 18

I can only hope he meant it was heavy with responsibilities. I really doubt that's what he was saying, but it would be nice if it had just been a bad choice of words.

maybe he was just testing for a reaction, hopefully he was just joking though.

The heavier the ring the more it's worth

your father sounds like a wise man listen to him

schhichick 14

did your nose grow after posting that comment?

Who gets married on a Monday morning?

rocker_chick23 27

You have to use today in the FML even if the FML happened a few months ago.

even so, It's a great excuse to miss a day from work.

At least you had your dad at your wedding. I just went to a wedding on Saturday where the bride's father had died last year...

I'm sorry but I can't stand it when people try to trivialize others' feelings or experiences because "someone out there has it worse". While that is true, the fact that someone out there has it worse does not invalidate someone else's experiences. The fact that you knew someone whose father died doesn't make what OP's father said any less shitty.

How did you get that from this post?!

rocker_chick23 27

No, it sounds like dad was making a stupid and not funny joke. How does it sound like he was being over-protective?