By Anonymous - 26/09/2014 20:00 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, I got back home from work and casually asked my dad "What's up?" He casually replied: "Wishing I'd had a son instead." and stared glassy-eyed at me until I left the room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 004
You deserved it 3 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cookiee04 15

you should've said wish I had two moms instead

My dad used to say, "I was hoping for a son, then you grew up and I realized I had one."

Comments

raichu23154 10

tell him well go knock up some chicks I'm pretty sure he would have one then or go to a adoption place there is a bunch of boys looking for a good home and to get his head out of his a**

He'd rather have a boy than OP. I don't think the dad wants yet another child to raise.

At least being adopted I always tell my parents they're the ones who chose me cause I'm an awful person lol

Sorry, OP. That was a terrible thing for him to say. I hope you are doing okay. I, too, know what it's like to feel unwanted and unappreciated. Keep your chin up!

I'm always shocked when I read FML at how mean and horrible some parents & grandparents are! No child should be treated that way. They made the decision to have kids, or at least keep them, so suck it up and be a good parent!

gameover18 17

Don't worry OP when he is old leave his ass in a bad home.

Yes, because of one comment, probably made when he was drunk or high, she should ruin the last few years of his life.

No one deserves to be treated badly and doing it to her father when he isn't able to take care of himself isn't any better. If OP is a good person, which I assume she is, she should continue to treat him with kindness and be the better person. Doing something drastic like that which is mean and out of character will only make her feel guilty and won't make her any happier or her life any better.

My best friend's dad treats her exactly like a son, he doesn't really give her a chance to be girly, so while I cannot relate she certainly can. Sorry OP.

Ok umm are u his son or his daughter ? Follow up please

cadillacgal79 32

If you look in the top left corner, you'll see a gender icon indicating that OP is in fact female.

He really does love you just is tough as nails to hide it

Tell him the operation is to expensive, and if you have to settle, he does too!