By Dfacta - 13/05/2010 17:51 - United States

Today, I found out the reason I've been itchy for the last two weeks is because I'm now allergic to chlorine. I'm also a swimming instructor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 288
You deserved it 3 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

orangesodaftw 0

That completely sucks. Time for a career change.

Tikwichka 5

Allergies are not always present from birth or childhood. They can develop from the environment in adulthood.

Comments

and you NEVER noticed during the course? riiiight....

Please refer to posts 7,10, 27, 34, 41, 46, 63, or if you need the extra emphasis, 99. Thank you.

get a job as a lifeguard at a beach. You can teach swim lessons, guard, and work on a tan :)

ChivalrousZombie 0

That's totally lame. Now you can be a lifeguard, maybe? Beaches are the best!

xx_irish_rose_xx 0

all of yall saying fake dont know what youre talking about. for one thing, you're not always born with an allergy, you can develop it later on. and second, I'm allergic to chlorine, too, but I don't start to get irritated unless I spend hours in a pool, the OP could have just gotten the job and started to notice he was allergic after spending all day in a pool.

This reminds me of the little seahorse in Finding Nemo who was H2O intolerant. ... -.- ... I watch a lot of children's movies.

Yeah... that itch? It's not the chlorine... I'm sorry, I should have told you... You know that night we spent together...? Yeah, you should probably get tested, sweetie.

Oh, that's dirty! But hilarious, nonetheless.

how are you just figuring this out? if you're a swimming instructor wouldn't you have had to be training for awhile..?

Please refer to posts 7,10, 27, 34, 41, 46, 63, or if you need the extra emphasis, 99. Thank you. dafp!

allergic reactions can pop up at any time, I'm sure the OP didn't realize they had the problem before, because they didn't have it! sorry OP that sucks!