By Dfacta - 13/05/2010 17:51 - United States

Today, I found out the reason I've been itchy for the last two weeks is because I'm now allergic to chlorine. I'm also a swimming instructor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 290
You deserved it 3 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

orangesodaftw 0

That completely sucks. Time for a career change.

Tikwichka 5

Allergies are not always present from birth or childhood. They can develop from the environment in adulthood.

Comments

Please refer to posts 7,10, 27, 34, 41, 46, 63, or if you need the extra emphasis, 99. Thank you. Flipping Auntie Fannie's Panties (I wanna be just like hope!)

SassyScorpio73 0

That totally sucks! Time for a career change?

blackllama 0

how could you be trained and not be affected by chlorine then? fake.

^srsly?! SRSLY?! SERIOUSLY?!  Go straight to 99. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

haha irishjane you are crackin' me up XD

I am also alergic to chlorine worse for you because ur job is in water

twinny_sc 13

Hey I'm allergic to chlorine too, but if you take an allergy pill right before you swim it lasts for 2 to 3 hours and you won't be itchy afterwards.

How do you work as a swimming instructor yet are allergic to chlorine? Where have you been getting your training to be a swimming instructor?

To all the people who said the OP should have known earlier thats not true. Some allergies can take awhile to manifest. I am allergic to chlorine and it wasn't until I was 12 we figured it out after extensive testing. After that and filtering my water the majority of my asthma attacks stopped and I got a hell of a lot healthier as our tap water was high in chlorine.

Hmmmmm they should make a medication that negates the allergy!!! If only..... that would be awesome for you, but that sucks, cuz I'm sure if you did that as a job, you probably loved swimming too. Feel bad for you :/