By Chrissy - 08/02/2010 20:24 - United States

Today, I found out that the necklace my boyfriend gave me for my birthday was actually a gift he'd given to his ex girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 221
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

InnocentRainbow 0

All you people saying at least you got a present obviously don't understand women. We don't want something that you gave your ex, we want something that you picked out for us, even if it's cheap, if you picked it out just for us it makes it extremely special and meaningful. Giving a woman something you gave your ex is basically saying we aren't special to you. FYL OP. You need to have a talk with him.

Ajjas013 6

So you're mad at him for recycling?

Comments

erizzz 0

we are in a depression you know... just be happy u got a regift instead of no gift at all u ungrateful bitch

Rickymonkeypants 0

At least he got her something? Seriously? Actually, he didn't get her anything.. he re-gifted a necklace he bought for his ex-girlfriend. So absolutely no thought whatsoever went into this gift for the OP. I'd be pretty annoyed too. He bought that with the vision of giving to his ex and seeing HER happy face, not OP's. Why couldn't he have returned it to the store or sold it himself when his ex refused/returned it? Do some people just not think?

The girl who cares not about the gift itself or her boyfriend's kindness, but rather about how much money her boyfriend spent is consumed with selfish vanity.

I don't see where OP complained that he didn't spend a bunch of money on her? For me, I wouldn't care how much my boyfriend spent on me, as long as whatever it was, was bought/made with ME in mind, not some old flame.

dugumit 0

look after that necklace he will need it to pass onto the next when he's thru with u.

she's not being selfish, ungrateful or any of that shit. it would sure as hell bother me (and anyone on here who's disagreeing if they took the time to really think about the situation) if someone i cared about gave me something sentimental, and i found out they had already given it to someone they used to care about at one point. he shouldn't have given her anything if he wanted to save money, i'm sure she would have preferred that. op, fyl :/

boatkicker 4

I will let the situation bother anyone here except for "the people who are disagreeing". I have been given ex's gifts before, and it honestly doesn't bother me. At least I got something; At least he remembered my birthday.

neokitty 0

aw, but atleast he took the effort into giving you something?

And what effort is that? When he physically handed her the gift? This gift was pretty much effortless and thoughtless. He couldn't even be bothered to pick out a gift for her and instead, pretty much just said 'my ex didn't want this, I guess you can have it'.

My ex-husband gave his wedding ring from our wedding to his new girlfriend to show his commitment to her. She actually took it.