By momoffour - 05/12/2010 09:30 - United States

Today, I found out that my husband's secretary named her new baby boy after my husband. Everyone at the office thinks it's funny. My husband says it's a coincidence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 732
You deserved it 3 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You know potatoes are just food. I'm just saying.

Osakhomen 0

If she named the baby AFTER your husband, it can't be coincidence...

if she had made it clear that the name of the baby is supposed to be the same as the OP's husband's, then it can't be a coincidence. that's what I think he's trying to say here, haha.

I think the OP is the one who said the baby is "named after" her husband, not the secretary. It probably IS a coincidence, depending on how common the name is. Stop being paranoid!

Tikwichka 5

13, 31: There is a difference between named after someone and having the same name as someone. Think about it.

Um 40 I'm not sure why you mentioned my post in your reply, I pretty much said the same thing you did. Did you read where I said it IS a coincidence? I'm not sure how you got the idea I was agreeing with 13.

Um 51- did you catch the part where your comment really wasn't similar to theirs at all. Thus you were mentioned.

heyheywaddup 7

oooo u got som competition gurlllll

DANduhMAN 0

it's obvious that she gave him a raise.

If she named her kid specifically after your husband, thats pretty suspicious. But if she just happened to like his first and middle name together, then thats not so bad. Its only a name.

Maybe he's a really great boss and she wanted to honor him! Stop being so suspicious. Or it's his baby in which case your suspicion arrived a little too late. But it's probably the first scenario; that's much more common.

I agree with ImaginaryFoe. I can't believe all the people just jumping to the conclusion on this. My mom named me after a professor she had in college. I know it's slightly different because at that time, they no longer knew each other, but she had a lot of respect for him. He was like a father figure to her, so she gave me his name.

perdix 29

The real father could have been any of the dudes the **** secretary has been sleeping around with. She just named the kid for your husband because he has a job and can pay child support.

magnetic_aura 26

We don't know ANYTHING about the secretary. Let alone if she's promiscuous. All we know is that she had a child and named it the same name as her boss (or one of her bosses, anyway). Suspicious, yes, but we can't call the secretary a ****, or OP's husband a philanderer.