By SadExperiment - 30/10/2012 00:42 - United States - Claremont

Spicy
Today, I found out that my girlfriend has secretly been conditioning me to get turned on by the smell of bananas. Guess whose new co-worker peels a nice, fragrant banana five times a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 716
You deserved it 3 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Am I the only one wondering how someone goes about conditioning another person to be turned on by the smell of bananas?

Comments

This day is bananas....B-A-N-A-....screw it too lazy to finish

mimiminx 23

I really don't understand this FML. Whose co-worker? His or hers? Neither makes sense!

His coworker. Because OP's girlfriend managed to get him turned on by the smell of bananas and his coworker eats bananas everyday, it is an FML. It really wasn't that hard to figure out...

mimiminx 23

Why would she get him conditioned to the smell of bananas? It doesn't even make sense...

Mimininx you seams like no fun at all! Beside english is not my first langage and I still manage to understand that fml...

mimiminx 23

Yep, you're right! My idea of 'fun' does not include performing random experiments on my boyfriend so he's walking around with a boner due to smelling fruit. What a killjoy I must be :/

skullofdarkness 18

No **** Alan, but I officially love you, just for that comment. XD

LadyEmi 15

Sure it does, learn to read...

FalconWhitaker 20

Wow. Talk about awkward. How about bringing in some liquid menthol and some tissues and every time your co-worker goes for the banana, squirt some on the tissue and breathe it in. That way, you can hide from the scent and avoid most of the reaction, and if anybody asks what you're doing, you can claim allergies/a cold/non-specific nasal congestion without looking like a weirdo.

Your co-worker realizes bananas are a natural laxative?

CharresBarkrey 15

All raw fruits are. Anything with fiber is as well. No reason you should stay away from them. You'd be limited to a very small diet, and most likely constipated.

Yes, but five a day? That's a bit much. One might say... it's bananas.

laurbear87 8

Five bananas a day? Isn't that a bit much?

nancyschmancy 9

That is what I was thinking. Who the heck would want to eat 5 bananas a day?

gingerrrr88 11

Hyperbole maybe? Haha I don't know, just a thought

catkat1988 17

Haha, your girlfriend is an evil genious. Does she study psychology? This definitely sounds like something a first-year psych student would try.

Is that a banana in your pocket? I once read that the smell of pumpkin pie was the most powerful turn-on for men. Especially, when mixed with the fragrance of lavender. Who knew? :P

I remember reading the same thing years ago. It was an actual experiment and volunteers had signed up to have their brains monitored. Scientists then exposed both men and women to different scents and watched which areas of the brain the smells triggered. And yes, for some reason pumpkin pie and lavender did it for the men. Can't remember what the results were for the women. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get away with smelling like pumpkin pie. (I'm not a huge fan of lavender)

cradle6 13

^Black liquorice for women, and a couple other strange smells I can't remember.