By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

Sure they can do their vows on another day and get married before the fiance leaves...but if there was a big wedding planned with lots of family travelling to town to celebrate and money paid for a dj, venue, caterer etc, well that really does suck, especially after how long you look forward to that special day.

holy crap if you find out a month in advance your getting screwed I already know when im. deploying and its 8 months away

abbycolborn 0
bogwandis 0

(Excluding the OP) If being a military wife sucks so badly to you guys, then why did you even agree to marry your spouse? I thought being a military wife was something to proud of, regardless of crappy deployment times. It depends on what branch her fiance is in whether his orders can change.

I suppose this is why the divorce rate is so high in the military. I'm Active Duty and so is my boyfriend who's deployed. I realize that being married and just dating is a little different, but it's not THAT bad. I'm proud of him for doing what he's doing, talk to him as much as he can, and will be ecstatic when he finally comes back. I don't understand all this whining, nor do I understand how so many spouses can cheat on their deployed counterparts! (It happens a LOT.) I'm so sorry this happening to you though, OP! That is just terrible and I hope you can work something out.

gleekygirl 0

Honestly, this is sad, but I feel worse for the person being deployed. They are the one that has to go and fight.

Ignorant ass. HE CHOSE TO GO AND FIGHT AND DO THIS FOR HIS COUNTRY. He wasn't forced!

im sorry op it sucks but it happens, happened to my brother he had to deploy the day his first daughter was born wasnt planned that way but it happens, wish you the best of luck!