By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

i am a military wife. and if this dissapoints u then u should not be marrying him. you should know what u are in for. he probably isnt happy about it either. u need to support him tell him not to worry about it and change the date. dont say fml when ur life hasnt started with him yet.

NMX944 0

touché! be there for him, it's more important than anything!

RedPillSucks 31

I wonder if they can do a video remote wedding? I guess not if he'll be on the plane.

amoree772 0

change the date. military lifestyle is about flexibility.

omg that suck soo bad...seriously my heartgoes out to you #22 's friend did a good idea maybe you could do that?? :) good luck!! ^_^

bellaisabella 0

I am so sorry but y don't you guys get married a month early that's what were doing

2ndstring 0

@alexwolf. Really? You are a huge

Better start expecting that stuff to happen if you're going to marry into the military. See if he can talk to his commander to move the day. Or just get married now without the big wedding. And deployment dates can change all the way up to the minute.