By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

Deployment dates are known ahead of time and theres no saying NO to em. Sad that he has to go, but technically speaking, he signed up for it.

No. That's not how it works. Some deployments are scheduled far in advance, and that's great, but then, sometimes you get 3 hours notice, like I did. Things don't always go as planned.

aw damn, that really sucks, I'm sorry :(

katierocks 0

the only thing to do is get married on the plane

Jeebt93 0

The day I was looking at wedding dresses, I get the call about my now husbands deployment. We had a quick wedding before instead of a big one. Its the marriage that counts.

valdancer99 0

I wonder what this FML would be like on the husbands perspective.. Today, I have to be deployed. On my wedding day. FML

Norrec86 7

And he didnt know the date of his deployment any sooner? My husband knew the date of his almost two years in advance

pickles2b2 4