By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

that's when y'all decide to elope early :) and have the wedding when gets back from deployment :)... I was in the situation before..

YDI for trying to marry an illegal to give him citizenship.

102, you are a freaking idiot. Like seriously, why would you comment if you don't have any idea what deployment means..

lori_lovee 0

@102: kill yourself you DUMB ****. Your mom should have just Swallowed that sperm. Seriously.

MEM0817 18

Deployed. Not deported. Learn the difference. Google knows. Any human being with at least 2 brain cells coinciding know, also.

mcgillswimmer 0

....@#102 Uh...deployment is NOT the same thing as deportation..Army..not an immigrant..you should probably look that up before commenting on this where someone is probably really hurt. So, no..didn't deserve it at all. all the best, I hope it all turns out for you guys!

sorry to hear that. it's the life of a military member. I spent my first anniversary, first father's day and son's first birthday deployed. make the best of the time you have and stock by his side, he'll need you. sucks that you had to change the date on your special day. just remember that whatever day you change it to can/will be just as special. it takes a strong person to be a military spouse. I salute YOU.

jrtepechis 6

my husband is deploying next year missing out in our first sons first bday our anniversary my bday n fathers and mothers day . as well as this is my first deployment also

I am really sorry I hope he comes back safe and sound and u find a way to have r dream wedding.

michaela788 0

I'm sure it will work out for the best