By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

you have to know these things will happen if you take on a military spouse lifestyle. get used to it! best of luck!

I'm a military spouse.You know this shit is BOUND to happen.Which is why my husband and I put together a wedding in about 4 months.And everything was planned so that if it needed to be changed,it could be.Plus,you know this is the wonderful life of a military family. Had my wedding date changed like 3 times because of deployments.

formulus 0

hey, you're the one gettin married to him, you knew what you were getting yourself into, so suck it up

:( make sure to get addendums added to your vendor contracts in case you need to move dates. congrats though!

soldier4life_88 0

deployment suck!! u get lonely even tho u have friends around u... but still wouldn't trade this job for anything in the world!!

Ah see my gf left me for that very reason.

greeneyedfatty 0

Been there done that. Welcome to Military life. We wasted so much on a hall and stuff then we was told pack up your leaving next month. We were finay married after we canceled three other dates. So the day he stepped off the bus I had two weeks to plan a wedding. Hang in there.

im terribly sorry! i dont know you but im sure ur underalot of stress rite now so an easy thing to do is just go get married in vegas, and hav a wedding reception with family back home!

mrs_franklin 0

Yeah well my fiancé is getting sent 2 basic on my 18 birthday and we were planning on getting married 3 days after. Oh well tho shit happens n u gotta get used 2 it.