By Cult - 30/03/2014 14:27 - United States - Glenside

Today, I found out that my favorite band logo is no longer being used by said band because of copyright issues. I have this logo tattooed on my body. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 325
You deserved it 57 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chocolatefrog28 29

But now you have a permanent part of their history, and it doesn't decrease your appreciation for the band. It's not that bad.

Comments

You can say that you're their most dedicated fan... Or there's laser removal.

Look at the bright side, you got part of history of your favorite band :D

CurlyQute 17

That is exactly why you don't get logo tattoos

Just get it covered up with something that means a little more.

akballerchicity 11
cryssycakesx3 22

it grabs my goat when people call them tats...

It grinds my gears when people say something grabs their goats.

People calling them "tats" is right up there with people who call cigarettes "cigs." Ugh.

Why do people do these kinds of things... OP, tattoos are PERMANENT. That means they NEVER come off. Did you think about maybe 10 years down the line, when you might not even like their music anymore? I understand being a fan of bands and musicians and all, but that's just too far. Don't follow tattoo fads and put random shit onto your body. A year from now, chances are you'll hate it and it won't "be in style" anymore. Same for things you think you like at the moment. Thank god I didn't tattoo myself with bands I used to like; but my music taste changes a lot. Hopefully you have the money for removal, OP. (Or if not, you at least like the original logo.)

cryssycakesx3 22

as I said before. it's a reminder of a period of her life. even if her tastes change, it was something that was obviously important enough to her for a tattoo. you don't get rid of vacation pictures because you're not there anymore, do you?

They're not so permanent now that they can REMOVE them. They've even got a new type of laser that removes 60% of the ink in the first treatment.

im a bit amused because you felt the need to point out they are PERMANENT and NEVER come off, but follow up with i hope you have the money for removal. bit of a contradiction, dont you think?

I'm laughing. everyone thinks it's an April fools how that they'll announce on the first. honestly even if it is true I'm getting their logo tattooed on me. That's what they've had for over ten years. thinking your life sucks for this, come on.

Yes OP, you deserve it. How dare you not live by the ways that howdoilogin has set for us? Surely with a name so brilliant, his ways must be ingenious.

This is the Bayside logo, as a big fan myself I've read the article they've posted but after some investigating I still say it's an April fools joke.

it seems like a joke to me as well. however, if it isn't, OP, it's such a vague image and people who aren't a fan of the music will just think it's some random bird. it's not that bad.

Just as I suspected, simply a joke. This FML is no longer relevant.