By mbesameh - 11/06/2011 06:27 - United States

Today, I found out that my dad makes me wear dresses and skirts not because I look pretty in them, but because he was sick and tired of people asking him if I was a boy or a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 725
You deserved it 6 251

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jackiemoonthepro 5

Isn't it a little bit harsh to tell OP that she doesn't act like a girl, whilst you absolutely don't know her? And now I wonder, what is 'acting like a girl' actually? Talking about your period? Wear stilleto's? Constantly giggling? What if OP likes to be a tomboy? Or what if she just looks manly? I think she has the right to complain, it's obvious that she never knew she looked unisex, and I guess it's not nice to discover.

Comments

ouch! but.. well, at least your dad is honest..

The first half of this fml sounded like your dad is going to jail.

Agreed: I was expecting something like, "So he can take peeks of my underwear" or something like that. 0_o Still, that sucks OP. Wear what you wanna wear.

lucidpattern 6

Woah, why is your dad moderating your wardrobe? That's majorly F'ed up in itself. Wear what you want, girl.

Staige40 0

do what makes you comfortable not what others want

I agree. it sucks. when I was about 10 I used to be such a tomboy with really short hair and this girl randomly came up to me and asked if I was a boy or a girl. I ran and cried to my mom.

Some tomboys are cute. Just use this to your advantage to confuse some people, it's good fun >=D

really? so u'd wanna confuse people by pretending to be either a guy/girl?

wow that sucks what's next he's going to have you dress like a **** so ppl won't say your not attractive