Chunk of change

By ProneToBlondeMoments - 05/10/2009 23:25 - United Kingdom

Today, I was just about to do an important presentation in front of my boss and co-workers. When, without warning I tripped in front of everyone and knocked a VERY expensive computer off the table. How do I know it was so expensive? I'm paying for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 359
You deserved it 5 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's no reason any company shouldn't have insurance for workplace accidents. Either this is a fake, your company is operating incredibly irresponsibly, or they think/know you're dumb and can pull one over on you.

Just don't knock the new one off. Once gets sympathy, twice gets pity. And a lot of pointing and laughing. :]

Comments

I call fake, which I don't think I've ever done again, but all businesses are covered against things like this through their insurance. No way a business would make you pay for a computer, they may fire you, but not dock wages over it.

Just don't knock the new one off. Once gets sympathy, twice gets pity. And a lot of pointing and laughing. :]

MissNat_fml 0
kwosti 0

they have insurance for breakages. dont pay.

"Breakages" isn't a word, damages would fit better.

Of course "breakages" is a word. So many of these commenters think they know everything about everything when they really don't. And in general, it's always 'sue sue sue' with everyone. Everyone's sue-happy and it is ridiculous with all the money and effort expended on suing, it's just easier to buy a new computer.

There's no reason any company shouldn't have insurance for workplace accidents. Either this is a fake, your company is operating incredibly irresponsibly, or they think/know you're dumb and can pull one over on you.

Your employer can't legally charge you for this in most countries. They should have insureance against accidents like this and, if not, it's their problem.

Yes they can. they cannot deduct it from your pay, but they can tell you to pay for what you broke or you are fired.

not in the united states bud.... you can sue the sh*% out of them for even trying to pressure you into to paying and threatening your job because of it.

can't you sue? cause there was a cable lying across the ground I assume: saftey hazard?

well then #15 have you never ever tripped in your entire life before if so well done if not SHUT THE HELL UP you DUMB ASS