By Cheap - 27/12/2009 08:34 - United States

Today, I found out that my boyfriend wrote 50 dollars on my gift card just to look generous, it's really only worth five. I found this out after I tried to buy an arm full of clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 150
You deserved it 3 130

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. What a cheapo. But how could you get an armful of clothes for 50$? Do you shop at Goodwill?

Haha, That's awesome. It's not the end of the world, but it's probably the end of a boyfriend. Guys are cheap and women are too expensive.

Comments

fuckmylife44512 0

how cheap can you be that your going ti get a gift card for 5 dollars. like do they even sell them or 5 dollars anymore like isn't the min like 25 dollars. wow that is so totally your life sucks. sorry

FMLLOLL 0

thiss is sooooo funny and mean at the same time buti cant stop laughing

#51--people are so BRAVE about being mean when they're hiding behind a computer screen. Cowardly little trollop.

theshinepolice 0

FYL, such a hassle to realize you can't afford something. :/ i really hope that your bf didnt really do that.

OP your boyfriend is a coward. You were obviously going to find out how much was on the card when you got to the register, yet he chose to string you along though deception. I hope that you enter 2010 a single woman.

Time for a new boyfriend. And, next time, double check the amount on the card.

aclockworkapple 0

This was clearly a mistake, I mean do you really think the guy thought he could get away with that?

I'm gonna say two things, one, it's bullshit, you have to register gift cards online, or by phone. It could be that, or, it could be that you did this, and you are stupid enough to not look at the balance at the top of the screen if you did it online.

Where I live, you can purchase and charge them directly in the store too, and some of them can't be checked online since they are one-time use only anyway.

Comentator 0

YDI for still calling him your BF