By Cheap - 27/12/2009 08:34 - United States

Today, I found out that my boyfriend wrote 50 dollars on my gift card just to look generous, it's really only worth five. I found this out after I tried to buy an arm full of clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 150
You deserved it 3 130

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. What a cheapo. But how could you get an armful of clothes for 50$? Do you shop at Goodwill?

Haha, That's awesome. It's not the end of the world, but it's probably the end of a boyfriend. Guys are cheap and women are too expensive.

Comments

An arm ful of clothes for $50, oh please, what BS!!

Rico5037 0

I think OP is on the complete wrong track, nevermind the fact the gift card was valued way higher than it was. how unoriginal is it to get a bf/gf a gift card.

I got my boyfriend a gift card for Christmas. But then that was so he can buy Mass Effect 2 when it comes out in a month or so. Maybe she said that she wanted new clothes, and so he didn't get the size/style wrong he got her a giftcard and she can buy what she wants?

But you can always pre-order it and pay it off at Gamestop... >_>; I'm pretty sure they are taking pre-orders for it anyways. It is a fairly popular game, so it is not uncommon that they would take pre-orders far in advance.

sayy 0
agentsilverfox 0

Fifty bucks for an armful of clothes? Where's that gift card to, K-Mart?

Ya right who has 5$ giftcards? You can't buy an arm full of clothes from anywere except goodwill which is for welfare people or black people.Get a job and go shop at Chanel like me.

many places let you specify the amount you want to put on a giftcard. and there are plenty of places where you can get an armful of clothes for $50. besides, i'd rather shop at walmart or goodwill and get my money's worth than throw away hundreds of dollars on "designer" clothes.

theshinepolice 0

there are people who shop at good will who are not on welfare. and black people, who aren't different from anyone else, shop at other places, not just good will. armful can mean a few articles of clothing drapedover your arm. aero has stuff for like $12 nowadays, so 3 or four things like that can be an armful. stores like old navy can probably be cheaper. not everyone needs to wear stuffy, overrated clothes like chanel.

missymay993 11

Yeah, I don't really wanna point out exactly how racist and snobby you are, so imma just say **** you, bitch

hmm... five one dollar hookers or one five dollar hooker..

that summabitch. did he think you wouldn't find out?

I can get an armful of clothes for $50 at Forever 21.. I was there the other day and got several V-necks for $4.50 each. sheesh. That's not really the point of the FML, though - perhaps she was buying more than $50 worth of clothing and using it to reduce the price. Either way, confront your boyfriend? Just say "Hey - the giftcard said $50 but when the cashier rang it up, it said $5!" His response can determine whether you dump him or get your giftcard situation fixed.

Same, I went shopping the other day I got runners,2 flip flops, 2 leggings, 2 pairs of sodas (shoes), 4 t-shirts, 2 pairs of jeans for around 50 bucks

Is it sad that my first thought was that the cashier pocketed the $45 difference?