By dust - 27/01/2012 06:54 - Japan

Today, I found out that due to the fact that I got divorced, the insurance for my car is going up. A year after she took everything, she is still costing me money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 998
You deserved it 3 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheDrifter 23

The good ol' 50/50 split. She gets everything you have, you get everything you can afford from the duvorce forward, minus child support and alimony, while she never works again. Great system isn't it?

What's hers is hers, and what's yours is also hers. Take solace in the fact that she's no longer in your life.

Comments

ivanhoe4u 3

Yip. They do that. I'm not getting married again. If I have the urge to get laid I'm getting a hooker. It's cheaper.

Depends on how horny you get. Just saying...

Depends on the diseases you may get. It might not be cheaper.

Vash_41288 10

The standard should be you both leave with what you brought in, unless you both signed something together(split that) other then that walk away with what you got.

florido_fml 10

Someone else to take everything??!? ********.

That is literally the worst advice for this situation. I mean there could be worst advice like, "Go burn down a supermarket", but most people wouldn't take that seriously.

$20 says #22 has nobody in their life. Enjoy the idea of not being buried until the landlord finds your corpse.

I know so many people that long to get divorced but after research came to the conclusion that it's sometimes "Cheaper to keep her". My folks are in that same boat! ):

And evil. Pure evil. They may be doing good now for you. But just you wait...

GoW_Chick 14

You are still feeling the aftershocks of bitchitis, take two shots of whiskey (repeat if needed), find a better lawyer, and you can save a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico. :)

A better lawyer that's going to cost him even more money than the current one?

ssnowywinter 0

And drink alcohol to cause him even more problems than what he's got?

It help him numb out Debbie downer. Some lawyers can be better at what they do and not cost you first born. You haven't really looked into this is what I got from your comments...

GoW_Chick 14

I really thought that when I started talking about a fake disease people would understand it was a joke, thanks for taking the fun out of funny you guys. -.-

That's how it works, lucky she didn't get your car too.

TheDrifter 23

Or he's driving some rusted out pile that someone like me wanted outta their yard. My dad is still driving the one I gave him almost 10 years ago.

The sad thing is she could have been the one who cheated and initiated the divorce and STILL robs him.

If your insurance was lower while you were married, chances are she had s good driving record and it is YOUR crappy driving record that 'drove' your rates up.

every1luvsboners 11

I agree, the rate did not go up because of the driving record. It went up because of the divorce. His credit probably went down, thus causing higher insurance rates.

TheDrifter 23

Most insurance companies give a discount to married men, and raise them with a divorce. Apparently divorced men are a bigger liability rusk.

66 you are smack bang on the money sir! Men in general will pay a higher premium than a woman driver with the same history. But a discount is added if you have a female driver on the policy. Stupid the way it works, but thats how they think. Life insurance also changes as a male is of higher risk of suicide.

Sorry, OP, that bites. But in all practicality, call the insurance company and ask the specific reason it went up. Insurance companies base their rates on a myriad of factors. Talk to an agent and if they still refuse to negotiate a better price, it may be time to ditch them and find something cheaper. Good luck!

every1luvsboners 11

You're now more of a statistical risk for them to carry, you crazy bastard. Quit your bitching. You can't put a price on not having to answer to a psycho.