By bananna - 29/05/2014 15:18 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I found out our newborn snores worse than his father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 134
You deserved it 6 106

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

You might want to get his septum looked at. It could be a problem down the line. My father recently had to have surgery on his after it developed to the point he could no longer smell.

At least the child is sleeping. That has to count for something.

Comments

That is impressive and a little worrying at the same time

Well the parents goal IS to watch their child be better than they were, so just think of it as your newborn being better.

HeadlessSparrow 20

He may have sleep apnea get that checked

Please take your child to get examined for this. I know people that are sleep technicians. They study and watch for sleep apnea. His airways are constricted. Might as well get your husband checked too.

Rosebudx 32

When I was a kid, my parents mentioned my hilarious snoring prowess to an acquaintance who happened to be an ears, nose, and throat doctor. Turns out my adenoids were enlarged and I had severe sleep apnea as a result. Make sure you tell your pediatrician ASAP.

1dvs_bstd 41

There's a ye olde saying that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" True that.

JMichael 25

Omg not to scare you but my baby boy had the same problem and I kept bringing it up to his dr and he kept telling me I was being a "paranoid" new mommy!!! On May 13th he died of SIDS. I believe with all my heart that if I had him cked by another dr and didn't listen to my dr saying I'm paranoid my baby would be in my arms right now. It could be nothing and just afterbirth mucus but please I beg you have your baby cked again!!

tuffykat 8

how awful to say to a new parent, sorry for your lost but sids does happen, just remember god had use for that little soul again and called him home....i co-slept with my baby for the first three months, the decrease in sids risk that cosleeping brings outweighed the risk of cosleeping dangers in my mind, but i have a huge bed and kept the bobby around her to make it safe. hope you are blessed with another child soon. give baby a binkie to sleep with and/or cosleep next time both are shown to reduce risk by not allowing baby to fall into very deep sleep. hang in there!

This was not to scare her but to be concerned. Sleep apnea can cause SIDS to happen if undetected. Sleep apnea is when you have more than one shallow breaths or pauses in your sleep. It can also cause loud snoring. In an infant or newborn this is dangerous and can lead to worse problems. I was a new mama too my baby was born January 18th 2014. I wish I didn't listen to people telling me I was paranoid. I'm trying to help one mommy to another.

I'm sorry for your loss, 23. My mom had a similar experience with me as a baby. Every doctor she took me to told her she was a "nervous first time mom" and that my illness was all in her head. She kept switching doctors until she found one pediatrician, Dr. Smith, who was willing to check me out and pronounce that yes, I was sick and needed special care and breathing treatments. My mom STILL gets mad when she talks about the other doctors. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Smith out there, because then there would be fewer stories like this.

draokc 9

so sorry for your loss. thank you for sharing, well it's likely not the same case here, I believe in better safe than sorry.

#27 What an awful thing to say to someone who lost a child to SIDS, to crow about how you avoided it with your baby and deliver some platitude about God needing the child. What a thing to believe - that God deliberately takes people's babies from them. That would make him a bit of a bastard, don't you think?

tuffykat 8

i had the same concern and found newborns breathing is always rough as their new lungs need to get used to the air, but do so heavy duty cleaning to get the dander down and invest in a humdifier to make it easier on baby by making the air clean and moist...congrats on becoming a parent, my first is five months old and I am loving it!!

This is NOT normal. She needs to get her child checked. Babies aren't supposed to have a hard time breathing. Labored breathing is a sign of an issue and any doctor will tell you that if your child has any signs of labored breathing that you need to get them checked ASAP.

tuffykat 8

it not labored breathing its rough breathing - learn how to read! of course i addressed it with her dr, as i am sure this op did too! people need to relax!