By bananna - 29/05/2014 15:18 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I found out our newborn snores worse than his father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 134
You deserved it 6 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

You might want to get his septum looked at. It could be a problem down the line. My father recently had to have surgery on his after it developed to the point he could no longer smell.

At least the child is sleeping. That has to count for something.

Comments

CrassKal 27

You might want to get his septum looked at. It could be a problem down the line. My father recently had to have surgery on his after it developed to the point he could no longer smell.

BubbleGrunge 18

It's also possible that it is a symptom of reflux, stridor, and/or possibly a milk allergy. The baby I nanny for would breath so deeply and heavily that it would sound like she was snoring, even when awake. Come to find out she had all of the above. Medicine for the reflux (and keeping her angled instead of laying her flat down after a feeding) and switching to non-dairy and non-soy has helped tremendously. At almost six months she has outgrown her reflux, stridor and we're weening her back on to cows milk.

kewpiesuicide 29

I had this problem as a kid from tonsils that were too big, causing sleep apnea

You really need to get it checked out. It sounds similar to Laryngomalacia, which if it is, eventually they should grow out of it. People are often surprised at how noisy sleepers babies are, they let out all manner of squeaks and grunts.

At least the child is sleeping. That has to count for something.

Sawing logs is the most accurate description of snoring sounds. I've never heard that before.

Am I the only one who finds the sound of snoring relaxing? Yes? I'll go back to bed now.

Yes, i know it has to do with an obstructed air way, but it needs the person to be breathing heavily for them to be snoring loudly. Otherwise, it's not causing the vibrations that are snoring.

newborns breathe a lot differently than older children and adults do. It's a lot more sporadic and they take more breaths than what is normal for us. Their lungs are not stronger than ours in any way.

This is too cute But could be a health issue

That bites. But congratulations on your newborn baby OP! :D

ohcoolstorybro 14

The baby might be able to sleep, but you won't

And not because of the usual reasons. Such as the baby crying.

Indianboy9321 25

With a newborn you usually won't be able to sleep anyway, so be happy! Now that he is asleep, he won't be as cranky in the morning and you can finally nap, while your husband can care for your baby!

Sorry OP. Maybe things will get better as he ages?