By big_bail - 03/04/2015 23:00 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out I wasn't invited to the annual family reunion. The reason? Everyone thinks I'm "creepy" because I'm the only adult who will go out and play with the kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 660
You deserved it 2 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wonderful comment on society when people should be afraid to interact with cildrenh

Kids are probably bummed that the only fun adult isn't there. You stay awesome!

Comments

I'm sorry it's creepy my children are being happy

That's pretty normal in my opinion... Im 21 But i prefer hanging out with the kids in my fam rather than the adults..they're more down to earth and know how to take a joke lol

If an entire group of adults finds you creepy, it is not simply because you play with the kids. there is much more going on there. the way you play with them, the way you look at them, etc. they may have trouble verbalizing that which they have gleaned but they are not wrong. stay away from kids please.

OR... The adults are sexist dickheads and at fault for being assholes for not inviting him aswell.

I think it could go either way, 28. Some families out there are definitely full of petty assholes who'd say this just to make up a reason to exclude someone. Still, there's something a little fishy about an entire group of adults agreeing that one specific person is creepy, especially when we only know OP's point of view on the story.

Eh? I play with the kids during family reunions, too. The adults don't play games or do anything fun. They just sit around and talk about their kids. That's creepier, imo.

for real, I love playing with kids. they don't nag you about your career choices.

You'd be the hero at my family reunion.

Your own family thinks you're a pedo. That is just awful. At least someone wants to interact with the kids because it sounds like the rest of your family just ignores them so they don't look "creepy."

saffy66 34

It's simple - go do something else and let the kids annoy the crap out of the adults! Then they might appreciate you entertaining them for free :)

I feel your pain, OP. My in laws all think I'm really weird because I actually play with my kids and niece and nephews instead of just leaving them to their own devices.

The kids probably look at you as the 'cool adult' for playing with them! :)