By big_bail - 03/04/2015 23:00 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out I wasn't invited to the annual family reunion. The reason? Everyone thinks I'm "creepy" because I'm the only adult who will go out and play with the kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 660
You deserved it 2 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wonderful comment on society when people should be afraid to interact with cildrenh

Kids are probably bummed that the only fun adult isn't there. You stay awesome!

Comments

lhazz11 23

Do you have a mustache cause that could be it

nonsensical 26

I am a mustache and this comment is offensive.

Wonderful comment on society when people should be afraid to interact with cildrenh

That sucks OP. A lot of people just like to jump to conclusions.

It's such a double standard: you're either a jerk because you don't pay any attention to the kids, or you're a creep if you actually give them affection and/or attention. Smh. I understand the media has opened our eyes to the low lives of the world, but that's ridiculous! It's a family reunion! I try to entertain the kiddos when my family's kids talk to me or ask to play. Keep your head up OP.

What I want to know is if it was the kids or the adults who found him creepy...

I would like to know if it was the kids also #4.

quarterbird 18

Good question. Also... Is that really the only reason that OP wasn't invited. I really don't see RELATIVES saying... "You have fun with the kids in the family at reunions. You're creepy."

I dont understand why anyone would thumbs down for this, its a damn good question because if even one kid is uncomfortable enough to say something, most likely a line was crossed somewhere. Children are use being forced to interact with new and different people constantly so for one to say something. . maybe the kid should be listened to. I have a brother in law who plays with the kids, cause we know he wants one right away- no issue, we love the fun. I also have an uncle in law that wants to play with the kids thats a total creep and some complaints have been registered with the elders. No one was molested but there are other things that car scar kids for life.

myoukei 31

It's a shame, i bet the kids will miss you!

Sometimes kids just know how to have more fun than adults. You won't be forced to talk about your life 10 times and won't be condecended upon.

Steffi3 40

Jeah, sounds like you are the creepy one

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

really all depends if he socializes with the adults as well.. or if he just goes straight to the kids. ...

Steffi3 40

It was meant to be sarcastic, but what you say is true as well

Kids are probably bummed that the only fun adult isn't there. You stay awesome!

"creepy"? More like "fun". The rest of them are just too uptight. If you weren't doing anything inappropiate, I don't see any problems. Don't take it to heart.

nataliewby 25

Since when is innocently interacting with children in your family creepy? The adults need to relax. Sorry OP, FYL.