By big_bail - 03/04/2015 23:00 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out I wasn't invited to the annual family reunion. The reason? Everyone thinks I'm "creepy" because I'm the only adult who will go out and play with the kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 660
You deserved it 2 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wonderful comment on society when people should be afraid to interact with cildrenh

Kids are probably bummed that the only fun adult isn't there. You stay awesome!

Comments

I'd like to know what you're doing with the kids that warrants being called "creepy"

Playing with them. No leering, no inappropriate touching, just playing. Evidently, just being around children or taking any possible interest in dealing with children – while being a male, anyway – is all it takes to be called a molester. It's pathetic and needs to stop.

Play with them..? you mean, like play-play or...

Its people with your mind set that is the problem.

OP, I'll assume you may have a sister, or female cousin. If it was one of them, it'd be totally fine, and definitely not creepy that they'd play with the kids. Double standards at its finest.

shmoooopie 29

You have a good point. My brother, who is in his 30's, always plays with the kids when there is a family function. The parents appreciate it because they get to relax and enjoy some adult conversation and the kids always get excited when they see him. Nobody in my family finds it "creepy" just because he's male.

It's horrible that nowadays people will be considered creepy or worse because they like children and enjoy playing with them.

I'm that guy, kids are ******* awesome I don't care if I'm supposed to be the size of André the giant, if I'm not an athlete I'll be in early childhood education or something like that

don't believe them, one day someone'll think you're cool bc you're good w kids. i do. anw now you get an extra day to do anything you want :-)

What's creepy is the assumptions they're making

I love taking care of kids. I don't like how some people nowadays think liking children is a creepy thing.

Is there any way they would talk to you like a rational adult? Maybe you can ask why they would think that and that you are offended by such a heinous accusation. I am sure the kids will miss you and be bored out of their mind (or just play on some electronic device the whole time).