By anon - 20/11/2015 00:53 - New Zealand

Today, I found my expensive lingerie I thought I had lost. In my 15-year-old brother's room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 640
You deserved it 2 224

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

It's always super creepy when people here post about their brothers taking their intimate items for their personal use... Like dude you're supposed to protect your sister, have you no shame?

You might wanna check what else is also in there!

Comments

The worst thing you could do is bring it up to your parents. What he did was wrong, but he'd never be treated the same ever again. Have a long talk with him. Also, why were you in his room?

Rei_Ayanami 18

To steal his underwear of course. Where do you think he got the habit? :p

Well I guess he hit the experimental stage already

Maybe he is just one of those guys who like to where girl things because they feel more comfortable to them. Some men wear ladies panties for the feel of it.

noonenoeone 22

I don't think men wear panties and such because of the comfort they provide. (Most attractive under garments don't look all that comfortable) It is definitely about the feeling though...just not the physical kind!

Still weird to me. If you want to be a woman even tho God created you as a man, so SUCK IT UP. It's very cowardly in my opinion to become a woman because you were "uncomfortable as a man"

Check if it's a laundry mix up, I know because sometimes family's laundry gets mixed up all the time lol If not check if he's maybe questioning himself? I know some males start out by wearing lingerie underneath because they are too shy to wear transgender clothing. And if not it's not any of those two... dang, you got a problem and need a long talk on not to use your own silbling's clothing for... uhm.. personal use lol.

Even if he's (or whatever pronoun) trans, it's still a huge unacceptable boundary violation for him to steal someone else's underwear. I am sick of people saying that being trans gives someone the right to violate female boundaries. Trans men don't steal their brother's underwear with nearly the same frequency that trans women steal their sister's. Could it be because we as a culture respect male boundaries more than female boundaries? Probably.

leogachi 15

@61 You're referring to trans women as men even though you're using the term trans women. I'd say the only person being sexist and disrespectful here is you.

MtF are female, so it isn't violating "female" boundaries, it is violating their sibling's boundaries. There's also the fact that someone who is FtM can buy a pack of boxers with a lot lower of a risk of being outed than an AMaB female trying to buy lingerie. Does it make it right? No, the problem lies in a more general issue than the way you are painting it.

The sister is female, the trans woman violated her boundaries, so it's a violation of female boundaries. A non-trans woman stealing underwear from another female would also be a violation of female boundaries. If the person who's boundaries are violated is female, it's a violation of female boundaries regardless of the gender identity of the person doing the violating. So quick to point fingers. Unless you think trans women are actually entitled to violate any boundaries they want? That would be creepy, no one's entitled to that. Also a trans woman can easily buy women's underwear themselves and either claim it's for someone else or trust the cashier not to care (because cashiers don't actually care what you buy). Besides, gendered underwear is never a need, it's a want. If a trans woman can't get women's underwear by ethical means, she should live without. It's not that hard. I'm a woman and I could easily live without women-specific underwear provided I had some underwear of a different variety. And might I point out that women can be misogynistic. A misogynistic action doesn't become non-misogynistic just because a trans women did it. Feeling entitled to violate female boundaries is misogynistic regardless of the violator's gender identity. No excuses.

Way to COMPLETELY ignore my point. Did the words "trans women can ignore any boundary they want" appear anywhere in my post? No, they didn't. What would you have taken from that post if you had actually paid attention? "Violating ANYONE'S boundaries is wrong." Because, shock! Humans in general have the right to privacy regarding their undergarments! Then you go on to imply that I implied that if the OP's sibling was MtF it meant she was in the right to steal the lingerie. Which is the opposite of what I said. And you have the call to accuse me of being quick to point fingers? Are you a hypocrite, do you just have crap reading comprehension, or are you too lazy to actually spend a minute to understand a paragraph? Privacy isn't a strictly "female" right. Property of clothing items isn't strictly a human right. Implying that because the person who's boundaries were violated was female, the act is somehow worse than if it were a woman stealing a man's underwear is not how the equality works. Was OP's sibling wrong in there actions, regardless of their gender and why they did it? Yes. Is the crime somehow worse because it was a female as the victim? No. It'd be just as wrong if it were a girl, FtM or not, stealing their brother's boxers. No where did I say it was okay to not only invade someone's privacy, but to also steal their clothes or use them in some manner. If something shouldn't be done to one gender, it shouldn't be done to ANY gender. Or, for that matter, if someone has a specific social boundary they are not comfortable having crossed and said boundary isn't hurting anyone else- said boundary should remain unviolated. I also didn't say anything about an action being nonmisogynistic because the person committing the action is female- because basic privacy and ownership of property is a HUMAN right, NOT a female right. Implying something like this that is specifically a [gender] right is like saying every gender aside from that one is less human. If you're going to accuse someone of pointing fingers, you're already a hypocrite. In your case you are hypocrite with poor reading comprehension.

The point that I was making is that male boundaries are more respected than female boundaries. In a society with true gender equality, violating male boundaries and female boundaries would be equally bad, but in this sexist society, violating female boundaries is an instance of sexism as well as being a boundary violation in general, because that boundary would be much less likely to be violated if the boundary was set by a man. You said that a trans woman being female makes it not an instance of sexism, I'm saying that it's an instance of sexism regardless of the gender identity of the offender.

Is it the same brother who searched how to seduce your sister?

saliwells1 18

how exactly did you think you would have lost the lingerie? unless you're often blackout drunk when you wear it, you had to know someone else had it

I would imagine the same way you lose socks and other clothes. Dryer eats them, leave it at someone's house, winds up in someone else's closet, pet eats them, someone throws it away out of a misguided attempt to protect them, etc. There isn't any reason to jump to assuming the OP gets "black out drunk."

saliwells1 18

I wasn't assuming she was blackout drunk, just honestly wondering how one would lose lingerie.

The way you phrased it sounded very much like you were assuming OP was. But either way, lingerie are clothes, clothes go missing sometimes. There isn't really any special logic to losing them I would think.

Add to that list the creepy neighbor stealing them from the clothesline.

I would hope that any rational person would leave a camera to record their laundry line after the second time their undergarments went missing. And then use said camera footage to some sort of legal purpose to be rid of said neighbor. (Petty theft charges? Restraining order?)