By Anonymous - 12/08/2009 04:44 - United States

Spicy
Today, I finally told my mom I am a lesbian. She started laughing and said 'Good one honey'. I told her I wasn't joking, and she took my face in her hands and said 'You ARE joking!' Then she left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 480
You deserved it 10 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

11, YES. After that comment, none others matter. OP, just use this as an excuse to take everything she tells you to do as a joke. Everything. Ask her forr cash, if she says no, take it and compliment her on her skills as a comedian.

I think you mistyped it so I fixed it. She took my face in her hands and said "These aren't the droids you're looking for"

Comments

ohhhhman 0

why does everything turn into a religious debate?? and i think it's REALLY just amazing how you people are saying what "ignorant" and "*&%@#$&" and "hateful" Christians are when you are doing the SAME thing you are blaming them for. very smart. classy. and to people that need "proof" that God exsists, that's where FAITH comes in, my dears. and honestly, i could NEVER deny the feeling i get when i pray. or when i read the scriptures. how could i just ignore the love and strength i get each time i look to Him? i'm not converting you, i'm letting you know. i love everyone! homosexuals included! get. over. it. if you feel the need to bash Christianity on the internet, then there mayyyyyy be something wrong. with ANY religion. if that's what keeps my head straight, and is the reasoning for my morals, HOW COULD IT BE SOOOOOO HORRIBLE? thought i sould put that out there. :)

Games4me 0

Hey, if your mom's a moron, it's her own loss.

Ok first of all for #136 Levitcus does state that homosexuality is wrong, your right about that. But what you obviously don't know is that levitcus is in the Old Testament which means that it is/was the law before Jesus died on the cross (also means it's kinda meant for the Jews in that time period). After Jesus died on the cross a new Testament was written called The New Testament (in case you don't know) which is meant for everyone to live by today. It states in Revelations that yet again homosexuality is wrong. I hate when people try to defend things like sexuality saying that church people say that homosexuality is wrong yet they still eat shell fish which was written in leviticus to be a sin as well. But in Revelation it is written that all food on the earth is good to eat as long as you bless it first. So thats where your wrong, if people are going to defend theirselves with scriptures you need to get the facts right. Now before everyone out there who is gay or supports gays flips out, I am not a gay basher. I have my opinion just like evryone else. I feel that God loves everyone which is also written. And he forgives you no matter what it is (unless you are a satanist). I've met gay people and I am not one of the ignorant people who runs away from them or hates them just because they are gay. I believe it's there choice, God gave us all free will and if they want to take their freedom and live that way it's their choice. I think everyone should try to learn who a person is first before placing judgement. Everyone has a choice and their own life to live so live yours and I'll live mine. And all the gay bashers out there love don't hate. We are all humans which means we all share the same choices and go through the same things maybe just with different issues. We all have desires of the flesh/world and we all live by our own moral/ethic including christians so everyone just stop hatred. I mean just look at what that mind set has done to the world. For all the christians who commented (not including those who claim to be christian but just speak hatred) thank you all so much for stating the scriptures of the bible so accurately and speaking your mind so proudly. And yes we should preach the Gospel to everyone but you can only go but so far. People are always going to say we're wrong and crazy (thats where your faith comes in) and the bible is false. But if you can't get to them then only life will teach them (hopefully life before death). It's people's decision not to look at the world and see how beautiful is was before greed, lust and desire of the flesh took over. Now the world is a complete disaster. The ironic thing about it is that people look so hard for proof in the bible but if you open your eyes it's right in front of you. Read it! everything that is happening now was already written in Revelations, everything. And guess what, it's all coming true play by play. So if your looking for accuracy, you can only find it on your own, on your own voyage in life not from other people. Now I know that after me saying all that about the bible and everything, everyone is just going to think I'm some ignorant, church going, jesus believing, dumbass. And go ahead you have your opinion and freedom to think that I can't do anything about it and I don't want to. I'm only saying what I feel. I do agree with who said that we have a natural sense of whats natural or what right and wrong. And if you feel yourself doing something and you feel wrong doing it, it's your instinct or moral telling you that not what society thinks. So all the gay people and gay supporters I have nothing against you at all. It's your life, your decision, your choice. After all It's not me or christians or religion or church who has the final say it's (for me) God. We'll all have to face him on judgement day bearing all of our sins what ever they may be.

jesus christ, you need to smoke a doobie.

skinneyjeanss 0

Okay. I'm a Christian and I have nothing wrong with homosexuality. Most of my friends are gay/lesbian/bi. As long as you accept God as your savior then you will go to Heaven. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and God doesn't judge the person you are on sexuality. He sees YOU. He loves everyone no matter what race you are, or your weight, or your class. The reason so many people suffer is because God has a better place for us in Heaven. He wants to see how we act in situations. He wants to see us bring out the best in people, help people, and be a better person altogether. And to all the people talking about evolution: Scientists have found that we all have a similar gene that came from 1 women in Africa. AKA Eve. If you watched the news or science channel every once in a while you'd be surprised how open minded these scientists are. Why is it so hard for you to accept that something is out there. Something created this universe. And just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm close minded. You can't just assume all Christians hate this and that about people. If you took the time to get to know someone, maybe you'd realize we're all different. We all have different beliefs. And to the OP: Good luck with your mother, it must've been hard to tell her, but it will get better :)

Wrong. In 1 Corinthians, it tells us that homosexuality is a sin. and being a Christian you should be turning away from sin, therefore if you are not repentful of your sin then you are not a Christian. Because being a Christian will drive you to want to please God and thus turning from your sin. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New International Version) Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Maddoctor 10

Yeah well, 1 Corinthians 6, 9-10 is worded just a little differently in the King James version (which, in my opinion, is the most clearly worded of all biblical texts). All it says about homosexuality is that effeminates may not inherent the earth, and I interpret that addressing men who do not wish to take on their roles as men, which can clearly be done if the male is homosexual or not. So there, problem solved.

mhmmcool 0

FYL for having an ignorant/intolerant mother. maybe give her some time and she'll get more used to the idea??? i hope so! i am a BISEXUAL CHRISTIAN and damn proud of it. recently came out to my parents, they didn't take it too well, but i'm comfortable with who I am and I have countless friends who support me as well. i hope you can find some close friends and family who will support you too! good luck!

midnightmist 0

That's awesome for not being afraid to be who you are! Props to ya!

nerwende_fml 0

The people that use God as a reason or excuse just make me laugh, like "God doesn't allow a woman to love another woman". Now, if I follow your logic, God made everyone of us. So he made it possible to love. Then why saying he doesn't allow homosexual love? Were is the sin in that? Love is love is love. I'd rather see two men or two women happy together than a heterosexual couple making each other miserable.

AXavierB 1

Wow, your mom sounds crazy. Denial isn't just another state in the union.

skittlefreak101 1

Hey, don't worry about it. My mom went into shock for a few minutes, but then she got over it. Your mom loves you and she'll eventually get used to it. Just keep acting like you always do and she'll realize that your still her daughter and that she loves you too much.

That is terrible. I hope she accepts you for who you are soon.