By c - 09/02/2012 00:07

Today, I finally got up the courage to tell my boyfriend of a year and a half that I love him. His response was to start to snore, pretending to be asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 124
You deserved it 3 869

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ninjuh_wingman 29

I guess hes just not that into you.

Comments

borkchop1992 15

You probably shouldnt bother a guy with your crap when hes trying to get some relaxation in

Either you didn't read the FML properly or you're being a complete asshole.

They say if the relationship has not progressed by the 2 year mark to move on... I would say you should move on a tad early!

Yeah. I think waiting a year and a half is a bit excessive. Should you haven't already known/said that:..?

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#24 - A year and a half is not late. Besides, it would have been worse if they has just been dating for one month and a half and she said "I love you" like almost every other fucktard nowadays. Either the boyfriend doesn't feel the same way, he has his doubts, or is just being an asshole.

How can you not know if you love your partner if you are in a relationship for a year and a half? Seriously? Yeah, 'I love you' is often overused, but to be honest, I prefer saying it in a relationship of only a month than after one of a year and a half. And after a year and a half, I knew that my first 'I love you' should have been a 'I like you'. But by saying it so (too) early, we both knew that there was more then friendship going on, that we both saw a future with eachother. I can't imagine being together for months and not saying it, unless you don't take your relation that serious.

How can you truly know someone after a month? You can't, so rather say it after 1,5 years than after a month.

That's true I guess. But did you ever stop to consider that some people start dating because they've known each other for a really long time? My boyfriend and I started dating because we had been good friends for three years and realized we couldn't live without each other. :)

hotPinklipstick 24

I knew how I felt towards my boyfriend after only a month, but I waited to tell him until 6 months. When I told him I also said that I understood if he didn't feel the same way. I wanted him to know how I felt. He responded with "I like you and care about you a lot, but I'm not ready to say that. I appreciate you telling me though." I was happy with his response. My boyfriend eventually told me a month later he loved me. That was so amazing to me, and felt so right. I would rather a guy fake falling asleep after I say it than lie to me about how he feels. OP If he doesnt say it back don't get upset, give him time he will come around.

It all depends on the person. Some people fall in love a lot faster than others. Or, in OP's case, they don't have the nerve to express how they feel. My boyfriend told me he loved me after only a few weeks of dating. I, being cautious, took a few more months before saying it back. Honestly though, I'm glad he told me how he felt when he did, otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken the time that I have with this relationship. 1 year and counting

raney150 0

35- it's hard to realize when you are actually in love when you haven't ever felt love.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Problem? I don't think so. Would have been worse if it was a month and a half. Yes, stupid people say "I love you" after a month, or even a DAY, after beginning to date.

1) The OP is in bed with her boyfriend. Interesting that people will give themselves to each other without love being a determining factor... 2) I told my girlfriend I loved her the day we started dating. Of course, I've known her and we've been involved in each others lives (long-distance) for four years...

I told my boyfriend I loved him around 6 weeks of dating. We've been together 5 years now and married for 2 years. There is no set time frame on loving another person. It can be a few weeks or a few months. Certainly should know by a year and a half.

My bff married her husband after dating only 2months. They have been together 7 yrs and are both truly happy with eachother :)

Legendoflaw 4

Agreed. Same thing I was thinking.

27 - "Stupid people"? So my boyfriend of over a year was "stupid" for telling me how he felt after 9 days? Go fall in love with someone, THEN call us stupid. Granted, there are some people who say it for nothing, but that's some, not all.

kimeatszombies 22

Yeah, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he told me he loved me really quickly. :p

"If that boy don't love you by now, he will never ever ever ever love you" -Ciara

tboner23 0

He's probably snoring because you've been together for a year and a half and you're just now saying it... So he probably either feels the same way or hates that you took so long.

You got the courage to tell your boyfriend you love him after 1,5 years? Really?

rogue2888 4

You should have kicked him in the nuts. Then when you knew he was fully awake you could have said " it's true, love really does hurt "

SarahSildaSixx 0

Today, I was right next to the girl of my dreams, but being tired I fell asleep. Now she thinks I was pretending to sleep when she was saying something important. FML

It's good to wait before saying I love you! Love needs to be proven, earned and established. I hate people on here commenting that she should have told him sooner. Why didn't he? That should raise a question too. You did good but unfortunately he doesn't deserve you!