By AtomicDiamond87 - 19/08/2013 19:55 - United States - Toppenish

Today, I found out I'm pregnant. I told my boyfriend and my close family, who were all ecstatic. Then he told his mother. Her reaction? "It better come out looking like him." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 386
You deserved it 3 850

AtomicDiamond87 tells us more.

AtomicDiamond87 15

OP here. Well She didn't say it as a joke. She's always been a let down. But thank you all for the good comments. No I don't cheat. I love my boyfriend. Been together almost two years. Didn't plan for a baby because the doctors told him he wasn't able. He's so happy. And i'm always tired. Ad for the woman who also have mother in law problems keep your heads up :)

Top comments

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Ignore her OP. I'm are you guys will have a beautiful baby on both your parts. Congrats!

Congrats again. Sucks to have mean mother in laws. Glad mine is sweet.

Comments

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Ignore her OP. I'm are you guys will have a beautiful baby on both your parts. Congrats!

Jake_Hale 7

OP you should've said "we'll if that's the case then they might come out with your 'weird nose and receding hairline'"

There's always one of those in every family. Don't let it phase you, because she sounds like a dick and will probably say much more inappropriate things in the future.

perdix 29

#1, it would help if the other guy were hot.

I pretty much been there before. You could belittle her and tell her she should love her grandchild even if he/she came out with 8 arms and if she can't handle that then your baby's looks are the least of her worries. The only thing that people should worry about when a new child comes into the family is their health. You don't need the extra stress. Tell your husband he needs to have a serious talk with her. There could be some serious consequences for her in the next 8-9 months, assuming you found out early. Btw, congratulations on the baby. I wish the two of you well pre and post pregnancy.

AtomicDiamond87 15

Thank you 1 and 29. 12 its funny you should say that. My boyfriend is part Filipino and runs in the family with receding hairlines. Not bald but weird hairlines.

Agreed 29, 3rd trimester hormones are no joke!

Is your bf small, wrinkly and red with light fuzz on his head?

Congrats, but a little insensitive on her part...

hcollins1 18

With her reaction, if OP and her boyfriend get married, she's going to be a monster in law. And congrats OP! Ignore what she says and enjoy this time with your boyfriend!

Tell her you don't care who the child looks like, so long as it doesn't take after its hag of a grandmother.

Congrats OP! I bet your child will be so adorable.

Well it looks like someones being supportive.. Good luck with the child Op hope your doing well!

All bullshit aside... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nothing beats the feeling of being a parent!

Definitely! After a few weeks after labor you'll wonder what you even did with your life beforehand. It'll feel as if you wasted your life. Being a mommy is the best feeling in the world.

ileenefudge 29

As a mother myself, I agree with this statement :)

Well if it screams a lot and ***** all over you, you can always say it takes after her.

Gah.. Mother in laws. Why is it so difficult for them to just be kind and accepting.

Technically she isn't a mother in law because OP isn't married.

Yeah but trust me you have a child with someone and they call themselves your mother in law and they come from hell

Epikouros 31

That floozy took her little baby boy away from her!

hobo1235 15

Congratulations to you, OP! I'm sorry about your mother-in-law. That was out of line for her to say that.