Yada yada yada

By Anonymous - 05/09/2013 06:47 - United Kingdom - Warrington

Today, I finally got up the courage to talk to my four-year boyfriend about how insecure I've been feeling in our relationship recently, and how I needed his support while I try to get my self-esteem back on-track. He fell asleep mid-conversation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 085
You deserved it 5 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He exerted himself SO much trying to support you that he fell straight asleep in a bout of pure, devoted exhaustion.

Can you stop by my place? I've been needing some help getting to sleep lately.

Comments

omgitsmoe 26

He is quite the catch , isn't he ?

SmallyBigs 9

Did you talk to him while you guys were in bed?

He exerted himself SO much trying to support you that he fell straight asleep in a bout of pure, devoted exhaustion.

Hey, cheer up and talk to him again some other time! He mightve just been tired. If he does it again, thatswhen u should worry, op!

Can you stop by my place? I've been needing some help getting to sleep lately.

Sound's like being with him for 4 years is at least one root of your troubles.

qpsarah 10

Can't you do it by yourself? Why do you need his support?

Yeah, totally because relationship problems and low-self esteem are just a "do-it-yourself" kind of thing. I mean, who better to help with feeling insecure than an insecure person, who happens to be yourself? Almost everybody else.

OP. You got this. Your smart and kind and pretty. You dont NEED his help (although it may be nice). His sleeping is just a sign that he thinks you are overreacting. You may feel insecure but he doesnt see why because he loves you so much.

ViRepz 28

OMG how did u track down OP in person?

First off, you do not know if Op is pretty, smart, or wonderful. This is about as useless as those post-it notes people put on mirrors saying "you're beautiful." It might feel nice to have a stranger call you pretty, but the real way to improve her self-esteem is for people she loves and respects to help her understand she isn't trash. Two, he fell asleep. That does not mean he is some sort of monster who does not care. Maybe Op was going on and on for hours, it was late, and he worked a long day. Maybe she tried to talk while they were in bed. If Op wants his attention, she needs to do it when he is well rested and does not have stressful things going on. These type of conversations don't take five minutes.

I thought you wrote "four year old" boyfriend and thought it was normal for a kid to be taking a nap. My bad.

I thought the same but my first reaction wan't "Oh yeah, kids sometimes need a nap", it was "four-year old boyfriend?!".

And when he wants to have sex, pull the snooze card on him

Wizardo 33

"Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean that I don't care..."