By Asterisk1009 - 29/06/2009 05:41 - United States

Today, I finally got the courage to tell my parents that I'm gay. My mom said "Yeah, we know." When I asked how they knew, my dad, without looking up from the tv, said, "We've been monitoring your Internet history." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 651
You deserved it 17 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Major invasion of your privacy, sure. But at least they didn't freak out and were totally fine about it. Plus, they waited until you were ready to tell them rather than confront you when they figured it out through snooping...gotta give them credit for that!

Comments

Shadow_Sniper 0

...shoulda used private browsing

classicalteen 0

well...it could've been a lot worse :]

avikakol 0

why is this an fml?? at least your parents weren't angry/yelling at you! it could have been a lot worse....

Yeah, but they could have attempted to show concern/asked OP if he wanted to talk about it. I think that coming out can be a bit of a big deal, even if everyone is really supportive.

I'm sure you expected them to launch intoa bog story about how they loved you anyways, right? At least it was better than the alternative. After my sister came out, my parent disowned her. You should be glad they were indifferent and not judgemental.

Makinitez 0

You deserved it, cause, everyone deletes their history, right? On the other hand, they were pretty accepting. That's nice to hear..

ooh dude, that's tough. but hey you have to delete your internet history. duh!

xforeverhart123 0

At least they didn't disown you? Yay me! Looking at the bright side of every shitty situation :D But to be completely serious, ouch. :/ If that happened to me (which it won't, cuz I'm a girl... and I delete my internet history every day [not that there's anything 'interesting' I look at o_o] :D), I would probably die. On the inside. Yeah......

at least they wern't upset i think my parents monitor my internet use.. if they do, i will disown them, not that i do anything bad but its invading my privacy and theyr basically saying they dont trust me at all, so i cant trust them. besides, i hate my dad enough already, he knows it, so why should he continue to make it worse.

starburst_boy 0

Ouch, man. =( I would die if my parents saw my Yaoi collection! But hey, be happy that they aren't mad at you or anything! Some parents would throw you out on the street!