By Asterisk1009 - 29/06/2009 05:41 - United States

Today, I finally got the courage to tell my parents that I'm gay. My mom said "Yeah, we know." When I asked how they knew, my dad, without looking up from the tv, said, "We've been monitoring your Internet history." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 651
You deserved it 17 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Major invasion of your privacy, sure. But at least they didn't freak out and were totally fine about it. Plus, they waited until you were ready to tell them rather than confront you when they figured it out through snooping...gotta give them credit for that!

Comments

They accepted you, and waited for you to feel safe enough to tell them. They sound like great parents to me.

Futurefrog 0

god some of u ppl r total dicks. u can disagree with ppl with out being a complete ass. stop being so derogetory towatds gay ppl.

hahaha. on the bright side, there was no huge shock, and even if they aren't exhilarated they obviously aren't that disturbed by it either. so that's good :) haha does it ever make me nervous about my own parents watching me, though. i really don't think they're that computer-savvy, but it's still a little worrisome.

unrelated : has anyone ever noticed that people who disapprove of homosexuality are more likely to write "close-minded" than "closed-minded"? just an internet observation. :/

That's because it can be spelled both ways. Just so you know. Because it's not close like close the door, it's close like the opposite of far. As a way of saying that their "close-mind" does not see a broad range of views that they tolerate.

one one hand, they were honerst about telling you that they were spying on you. on the other hand, they were spying on you and you can't trust them. it's good that you have the courage to talk about it. too bad they're jerks.

Put a keylogger on your parents' computer, see how they like it.

Well, it could have gone a lot worse? XD But if I had been watching my son's history and found a few tons of gay ****, I probably would have at least let him know.

zrhcrx 0

hahaha sorry dude...but the exact same thing happened to me, but my parents still think i'm straight...they're kind of stupid.