By Anonymous - 11/03/2015 18:43 - United States

Today, I finally accepted I need help with my anxiety issues. I started small and I joined a support forum and wrote a post. I was quickly called a troll by multiple users, accused of faking it, and told to "fuck off back to Tumblr" because they wouldn't believe my anxiety is really so serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have also been diagnosed with anxiety. I found it helpful to talk to a counsellor, maybe you would too.

CurlyQute 17

I've been there before. Not the forum, but the anxiety.

Comments

I can't believe there would be people that rude on an anxiety forum! You'd expect them to be more understanding than most, not less. I've suffered anxiety myself, and I've found that going to a councillor or a support group with real people can help. I know it may be hard to get started, but trust me, it's worth it in the long run. I wish you the best, op!

That's really bad,I have social anxiety so I know your problem personally...

Me too,I live in San Francisco and I have such a difficult time getting myself out the door... Out among the public to do my errands.. It's definitely some ****** up shit dealing with it. Hang in there O.P.

Yea I've kinda learned to cope with it over the years....

:( aw I am so sorry! I am here for you:) my anxiety is really bad too, so if you need some one to talk to I'm here :) don't worry!

Don't pay attention .. These guys have made anxiety there definition, their crutch. Guess that why they are trying to be protective of their problem and preserve it. Instead of taking help and getting past it. Look into other forums. And take help and get past it.

Sometimes professional help is the better way OP. I hope you can start feeling better soon.

I understand if you went on a site like Instagram but a SUPPORT FORUM? Really? Cmon. People need to stop being so cruel.

GrimReefer66 29

You wrote a an FML that got published, congrats!!! Screw the forum, you got us :)

CaroAurelia 12

I am so sorry. Please don't take it personally. Some people's souls turn to tar as soon as they get on the internet. I hope you can find help elsewhere, because somebody's habit of getting their jollies by treating innocent people like crap on the internet shouldn't have to be your problem. I'd be careful on Tumblr, by the way. Tumblr users are either the coolest people ever or total dicks. There's no in between, and God forbid you come across the wrong type.

people always don't take things srsly on some forums, bc there've been too many pranks so you might want to confide in a trusted friend that won't judge you

I've tried forums for anxiety too. I really suggest staying away from them; they only made my issues worse, due to similar things happening to me. If you don't already have a therapist, that should be your next step.