By Anonymous - 11/03/2015 18:43 - United States

Today, I finally accepted I need help with my anxiety issues. I started small and I joined a support forum and wrote a post. I was quickly called a troll by multiple users, accused of faking it, and told to "fuck off back to Tumblr" because they wouldn't believe my anxiety is really so serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have also been diagnosed with anxiety. I found it helpful to talk to a counsellor, maybe you would too.

CurlyQute 17

I've been there before. Not the forum, but the anxiety.

Comments

I am so sorry for the harsh and undeserved treatment you received.

Perhaps go and see an actual doctor instead of relying on the Internet :-/

Having anxiety issues may actually have something to do with that... The internet is easier to access.

I have anxiety and depression myself - I sought a doctors help and was given medication and I attend counselling sessions, ive improved a lot. I was speaking from experience - it took me ages to get up the courage to go to the doc but it's 100% worth it, I wasn't being some sort of heartless cow -_-

josiemorehouse 12

OP: it seems like you're getting more sympathy and suggestions here than in that Troll-ville support forum. :) Anxiety and depression are unfortunately fairly common. A counselor may help, but definitely talk to your doctor. If you don't have a regular doctor, find one. A daily SSRI (like Celexa or Zoloft) combined with an as-needed benzo (like Xanax, Ativan or Klonopin) work wonders. Until then, try to find a vitamin shop near you and hunt down some Valerian Root extract. I actually quit my benzos and now only use Valerian when I have my 'episodes'. I'll take 4 Valerian capsules when I feel edgy, and it knocks it right out. Good luck OP, keep your chin up and know that you're not alone!

Sounds like a pretty shitty "support" forum. 1. Go back to the forum and paste a link here. They need to see these comments. 2. Go see a professional. They can help.

Maybe you should try a group where you go talk to people in person? People can be so rude. Best of luck to you op!

Tumblr ruins everything. 13 year olds thinking they are depressed/have anxiety/OCD etc. because they self diagnose from Wikipedia, they go on and trivialise actual people's problems

This isn't Tumblr we're talking about though.

try an in person support group in your area. the internet is just a ticking time bomb for arguments and cyber bullying.

nialls_girl 13

Well you should see a professional not the ever "supporting" world of the internet. You should've known better.

Sometimes tiny steps are the only ones we can force ourselves to take. Sometimes tiny steps lead to great leaps. Saying "You should have known better than to do the only thing you could think of to begin recovering, however small it may be" to someone suffering from anxiety, on the other hand, is never going to help them progress.

riotshields 4

Please don't let a couple of douchebags on a forum stop you on your way to getting better! I have anxiety too, and it sucks. Try going to a therapist! If you're in college, your campus might have free counseling. There also a few websites online (imalive.org and crisischat.org are the first that come to mind) that have chatrooms where you can talk to people about your anxiety. They might also be able to point you in the direction you need to go in in order to work on getting better. You can do this! Anxiety sucks but it CAN be dealt with, I promise!