By Anonymous - 11/03/2015 18:43 - United States

Today, I finally accepted I need help with my anxiety issues. I started small and I joined a support forum and wrote a post. I was quickly called a troll by multiple users, accused of faking it, and told to "fuck off back to Tumblr" because they wouldn't believe my anxiety is really so serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have also been diagnosed with anxiety. I found it helpful to talk to a counsellor, maybe you would too.

CurlyQute 17

I've been there before. Not the forum, but the anxiety.

Comments

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Talk to your doctor about potentially finding some type of therapist.

Tumblr can't help, but a therapist can.

DaraPhantomhive 14

Try getting a professional. They'll help you.

Easier said than done. Wait lists without a referral can be months long, and if OP has severe anxiety, what makes you think they are able to make such an appointment?

Hi OP. I've struggled with severe anxiety for 10 years. In the past few it's gotten much worse. Online support groups aren't my preference for this reason. Try finding support groups in your area. Also, take up meditation or yoga. Take time in nature to figure out how to calm your soul. Also, therapy once a week would help. We all have our own issues, so don't be embarrassed. The ones being mean will never understand. Good luck!

Name and shame the forum. I'd like to know so as to be able to avoid the place myself.

danceinconverse 25

That forum is probably the type of people who are more attention seeking than anxious, I've interacted with those type of people before and it's not pleasant. They think they know everything there is to know about the disorder and if you bring up something they haven't personally experienced, you are automatically a liar. Hopefully you can find a forum that treats you with more respect, there are ones out there trust me!

I'm so sorry you went through that! I'm also sorry for accidentally hitting YDI when you certainly did not. I hope you can find a better place, support system, and the help you need.