By Anonymous - 11/03/2015 18:43 - United States

Today, I finally accepted I need help with my anxiety issues. I started small and I joined a support forum and wrote a post. I was quickly called a troll by multiple users, accused of faking it, and told to "fuck off back to Tumblr" because they wouldn't believe my anxiety is really so serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have also been diagnosed with anxiety. I found it helpful to talk to a counsellor, maybe you would too.

CurlyQute 17

I've been there before. Not the forum, but the anxiety.

Comments

People are just angry and bitter. That is probably the very cause of the anxiety most people feel.

Chin up, OP. It might seem hard now but I'm living proof that if gets better. I have GAD and it's always been hard for me but by surrounding myself with supportive people and getting professional help (medication) I've gotten a lot better. Looking for help is the first step to getting better. Keep it up. You'll be fine.

SuperMew 22

If its an anxiety group they are likely trolled a lot. Try reddit?

OP, if the anxiety starts to get very bad, consult a therapist or a counsellor.

I applaud you for reaching out. I know it must have been very hard on you to have your first attempt turn out that way, and I'm so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine what you're going through and how this made you feel. Please, OP, don't let this deter you from trying again. Seek professional help, or call a crisis hotline or live chat online, if you're too anxious to talk to someone face-to-face. I know suggesting a crisis hotline sounds extreme, but talking to someone anonymously, over the phone or through a messenger, could be a baby step to helping prepare you to meet with a therapist. Generally, a professional can help you better understand and control your anxiety. You'll be so glad and relieved once you do. Best of luck to you.

Good on you OP for trying to overcome your issue, it sucks you weren't taken seriously though. It can be really hard with mental disorders, trust me I know, but with hard work it can get better. Maybe try a counsellor? They are really supporting and have your best interest in mind.

tossaway2321 5

Please update with what you said that couldn't be true

It's hard enough to accept that you have anxiety in the first place. You don't need people telling you that you're a "troll". Forget them!!!

Try making a phone call to a mental health charity. I know there is stigma around this subject as I have suffered MH problems from serving in Afghanistan. I honestly th8nk it is the best bet. If they can't help you, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I hope you get the help you deserve soon.

I'm sorry to hear that OP. I also suffer from anxiety. I also vote that you talk to someone. An outside perspective really helps. Also, believe it or not exercise. Even something as simple as yoga really helps. Good luck.