By Renna303 - 18/09/2017 20:00

Today, I dropped my 6-month-old $3,500 guitar. Luckily, it had a one year warranty from the store so I drove back. It was shut down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 787
You deserved it 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Welp, my anxiety initially spiked and then lowered after the first seven words.

Usually a warranty is offered by the manufacturer., though it might not cover accidental damage. If it does, and you don't have your receipt, remember that if you bought it with a card, your statement can be evidence of the purchase.

Comments

Maybe try calling the company that manufactured the guitar?

Welp, my anxiety initially spiked and then lowered after the first seven words.

Good thing too. Babies don't come with warranties.

Now you can just burn up the old shop with your firewood! Fun, eh? Maybe not.

What a roller coaster of emotions... I hope you find a way

No use fretting about it, you picked the wrong store to deal with and you got played! Once you peg the guitar maker, hopefully they won’t string you along and treat you like you’re a nut.

I know, right! 6 guitar puns in two sentences and I get no love! (Ok, a little love.)

I kind of liked it, but people have been (guitar) picking on your posts lately.

They’ve been giving me treble and dischord!

Usually a warranty is offered by the manufacturer., though it might not cover accidental damage. If it does, and you don't have your receipt, remember that if you bought it with a card, your statement can be evidence of the purchase.

Warranties usually only cover manfacturing defects, and not abuse... Dropping your guitar is abusing it... So good luck with that one! ? That's like me saying, "I smashed my truck into a tree, but it is under warranty, so they have to fix it..." lololol

I'm assuming it's probably neck damage if it's been dropped. If you take it to a luthier, it's probably fixable. Those guys can work wonders with repairs.

I'm guessing that it was guitar center. if it was you could have made an online claim for your pro coverage.