By jobless - 13/02/2011 05:31 - United States

Today, I discovered out of the 20 job applications only one job called me for an interview. They told me to leave after two sentences. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 876
You deserved it 8 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's odd... what the hell did you say in those two sentences??

"hello, my name is Lindsay Lohan. I am here for the drug rep position"

Comments

You obviously sounded like an idiot, OP. They realized that you were one of those people who could only cause a downfall to any job ever worked by you.

your a asshole! we can only hope one day you'll recieve the karma you deserve. by the way you are NOT awesome.

yanksby7 6

"You're* an* asshole". Perhaps taking a creative writing course would help you in your personal quest for employment. Also, two sentences means that either the OP did not speak professionally, dress professionally or act professionally. In any case, the person ("asshole") you're responding to is correct- the OP did not present him/herself in a manner appropriate to the position being offered. On a side note, the Karmic justice you so seek should not be an issue, as Karma generally does not punish truth.

Well, there must be something wrong with the way you speak.

becareful I said that and got a email from FML that said your not aloud to say any story is fake. just a FYI about FML.

southernproper 0

Umm... maybe there's a reason for all this? People don't just do that to you randomly.

erongetti 2

as a very successful business owner let me explain a few things about the hiring process: 1. we get numerous applicants each month looking for work.  to make yourself stand out your resume better be perfect, even if you don't have a lot of experience.  then I can see you have attention to detail & you care about getting the position.  2. prepare , prepare , prepare for the interview.  look up the top 50 questions on google & then have clear & concise answers.  3. dress well.  have a firm hand shake.  look the employer in the eye.  4. know about the position or company .  do research.  show some initiative.   lastly, once you get the job, show enthusiasm & a desire to learn.  otherwise, I'm going to get rid of you cuz your wasting my time.

A very succesful business owner who can't write decent English, there is sarcasm in that.

do you ramble much? you act like you know everything. you don't just because you "own" a business. jerk! I feel sorry for anyone who works for a "know it all" like you

Erongetti is actually giving decent advice, and you idiots are calling him a jerk for that? As for his grammar, it was mostly fine except for one missed comma, "cuz", and an incorrect "your". But his advice on interviewing is spot on. Grow the **** up and try to realise that you DON'T know everything. So try to shut your mouths and open your eyes.

Well, he is right. An applicant must write a perfect resume without mistakes (hehe), be prepared for the interview, dress properly, look the interviewer in the eye, shake hands and do research about the company. If your resume is full with errors (hehe), if you're hyperventilating, if you look like a hobo, carry your shopping bags with you, constantly look at your feet, have sweaty hands and don't know a shit about the company, you're screwed. Oh, Doc, he didn't start his sentences with a capital. That's basic :(

I've learned not to harp on capitalisation. People post from phones and iPods, so that's no big deal. My point is that his advice is sound. Calling him a know-it-all or a jerk is juvenile at best.

I'd like to think that the OP just needed to follow your advice. However, there's also the possibility that the hiring managers already had found someone they liked from an earlier interview. If they call in ten people to interview for one position, and they're wowed by the third person, then the other applicants are just wasting their time. Then there's the possibility that the hiring managers wanted someone with a certain "look." A lot of retail positions want someone young and pretty because it will boost sales. Or perhaps the OP looked TOO YOUNG. If an applicant looks too young, they could be turned down for management positions because they don't look like an authority figure. It was good advice. But being confident and professional will only get you so far in today's job market. There's plenty of people who are confident and professional with decades of experience who can't find a job.

that really sucks but kinda funny.. I have been there so I feel ya..

The way you talk I don't blame them "I discovered out?" How about I figured out Even I found out

but, even still none of those work in the fml..

ov614 0

it's not "I discovered out". he is saying "I discovered, out of 20 jobs". the sentence was correct. may have been missing a couple commas. however, you sound like the bigger idiot for interpreting the way you did.

sivuplay 0

Or he could just put "that" between "discovered" and "out." None of your suggestions make any more grammatical sense within the context of the sentance than the format OP originally typed it. Slow to comprehend, quick to flame.

Erongetti is just trying to be helpful and is correct. Maybe OP has a grammar or dialect issue?

erongetti 2

No grammar issues. Just typing on my iPhone is long & painful. Trying to make my point without all the effort of perfect English. but thanks for the backup!

Wow... Well not to offend you OP, but what's wrong with you? There must be something, or else you wouldn't be rejected like that...