By Nicole - 13/03/2010 19:16 - United States

Today, I discovered my mom had sold all of our summer clothes over the winter on eBay because we're short on cash. However, I am allowed to cut off the sleeves of all my long sleeve shirts and the legs off my jeans to stay cool in the summer. Nothing's more attractive than looking trashy, right? FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 959
You deserved it 3 224

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nomnommonster 0

Hmm. I'm sure you can snag some inexpensive clothing at thrift stores. Problem solved.

boreddoubletears 0

Sell all of the furniture and tell her to feel free to pile up the carpet in the corner for a bed.

Comments

MellowYelloe 0

i'd find it attractive; if it makes you feel any better. : /

Also, this will just mean you'll have no clothes for winter.

Monikabug 9

At least she didn't sell you on eBay, OP. :)

tinetine_fml 0

u can sow the sleeves back for winter :)

Uuuuhh get a job and buy some clothes. But your mom should have given you some heads up on that.

SeasonedSausage 0

does it really snow that much in Texas?

Hey you're right! Why do they need winter clothes? "Oh it's 65 degrees out, better put on the long sleeves!"

lol @ 31 aww man...I missed out on yet another orgasmic pastry on eBay...what a shame as I'm running low too :-( To said OP: Honestly most of my friends from TX don't have much of a winter wardrobe... still, it does sucks your mom did that without asking you first...and for that I award thee an FYL

ladykat 0

Well... in Texas, it can be snowing one day and extremly hot the next. So her mom's a jerk for thinkin her kids wouldn't need their clothes.

SeasonedSausage 0

lol more like a dust of snow.

Osakhomen 0

Yes it does get cold in the winter in Texas... Especially recently. I didn't use to have to buy heavy jackets, but it's been getting colder and colder every winter. It was below freezing a lot of times this winter.

CyclonePsycho 1

26 - Hm, it would have been smarter for Mom to sell the winter clothes. A jacket usually suffices for most of the winter; it probably doesn't become very cold often in Texas to the point that it really warrants winter clothes. I live in NC, and I survive fine without winter clothes, save for a heavy jacket every once in a while. Er, or maybe the temperature is milder here. In any case, fyl for losing your clothes. I understand your disappointment, OP.

maybe she should sell your computer or iPod/iPhone since you just waste time with it on fml

MF12 0

74 this year it snowed a lot and went into the 20s (REALLIY FREAKIN COLD for us texans), so we wore a lot of winter clothes.

pipp360 0

@94 6 inches? try living in Canada for a year then come complaining to me

blueeyes24 0

Maybe it would have been smarter to sell half the winter and half the summer clothes?

We hit a new record for most snow in North Texas a while ago. Two days later it was sunny.

bezach 0

Now you can earn some extra cash selling the sleeves and pants legs. How thoughtful of your mom!

bezach 0

all witner it was 45-52 where I live...you get used to it

Depends. Do the words "record breaking snowfall" mean anything to you. However, it does get hot in Texas, such that summer clothes are important.

that's why I wear tshirts and hoodys year round. there's no need for two sets of clothes.

ilovewhoppers 0

Well you shouldn't have spent a ton of money on a iPod/iPhone and instead bought clothes for itself..... common sense

iSitt 0

the recession hit your family too ?

hahaha that would be so ghetto looking, like Detroit. ooooh similies.

dottie10 0

I think cut offs are awesome!!!

buttonface 0

@8 But you can't spell "yellow". OP, hicks that cannot spell will like you. For that, fyl. When you grow up to be a big boy, get a job.

If theres any reason to go streaking in the summer i think you just found it!!!

gods_hunter10 0

at 84 and 74 **** yards we had snow atleast 12 in deep this winter. you dumbasses.

bubbarific 0

ydi for having a mother w/ bad fashion sense

seriously this^...get a job and buy your own clothes.

skitzoyd 0

Because dying hair and doing makeup is a fun, creative way to express yourself and what you do makes it unique

if by "trashy" you also mean easy... :DDDD!!! jk, ***** HAHA jkjk...

jebby011 0

it gets in the teens alot where I live and 45 ain't cold I wear shorts in 45 temp or above

I use the degrees Celsius, and it can go anywhere from -20 to -50. We usually get all the really cold weather in January. Saskatchewan is a cold, cold place :|

Number1Wiener 5
bennn89 5

Lies. Delusional Eskimo, you are.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

I wonder how many bitter low lifes are going to say things like "OMG UR SO UNGRATEFUL YOU BITCH!!"

pendulum2012 0

haha I bet #11 was planning to say that.

LtHoward 0

Like #1 said, that does suck, my family has been low on cash too.

Times are hard right now for a lot of people. Why not sell your winter clothes to buy summer ones? You can do this every season! I don't know if looking trashy is your biggest problem right now though. Good luck and FYL.

Wow, OP, that sucks. Why would your mom sell your clothes when you can sell electronics or something like that? It's just dumb.

livlivliv 0

low on cash = probably no electronics? and OP, this does suck, but wear what you have and own it.

pinkpigpie11 2

they probably have some form of electronic, seeing as they can still bitch about it on here...

boreddoubletears 0

Sell all of the furniture and tell her to feel free to pile up the carpet in the corner for a bed.

nomnommonster 0

Hmm. I'm sure you can snag some inexpensive clothing at thrift stores. Problem solved.

epoh_fml 0

yup I have just enough to pay for all my bills and daycare. I utilize freecycle, thrift stores, and hand-me-downs for myself and my daughter and we in no way look trashy.

purplemnm 9

cutoff jeans and cowboy boots, long blonde hair and dark brown roots, lord pinch me, that's how they do it in Dixie.

purplemnm 9

unless your fat, you can rock it.

nessalujin 0

Unless your oh- so- fit, I wouldn't be making comments about being fat. In your default you don't look so skinny to me. Just saying..

nessalujin 0

Don't call me a bitch until you look at all the things that^^^ girl has been saying to people. I swear...

63, you look like there's pubes poking out of your bikini, how attractive!

nessalujin 0
AxCxDxDx 0

a scar from where you ripped out all the pubes sticking out of your bikini?

marleytooyou 0

yeah u do look a little larger than average!!

nessalujin 0

Yes, that is totally where I got it from. No.. try fourwheeling accident.

I know what she was saying hunny. I can read thank you very much. however, I'm not sure that she was insulting fat people or whatever you thought. I just think that it was a little mean about what you said

I think she was just considering facts.. and i'm pretty sure that she isn't a dumbass

sublime93 0
purplemnm 9

well I'm not skinny, but I'm not fat. I built some muscle for sports so Im above a size five but under 10. I definately don't wear daisy dukes, because I don't have the body to make it look good, again I'm not fat, and I don't want to disgust people. I suggest others take their body type into consideration so that they don't look bad.

purplemnm 9

and also I say the things I do because it's my personality to be sarcastic, negative, or rude. i'm not like that all the time but I find it humorous and if you don't like then go to hell because I'm not changing who I am to please you.

purplemnm 9

and sublime is mad coz i called him a guido...go get skin cancer and die ^_^

KurouTenshi 0

if you were to ruff up the edges, and maybe tear a whole or two here or there, you could make a new fashion statement and also a nice breezy ensemble ;) don't forget the flip flops and to wear your swimsuit in place of underwear!!

Coccinelle_fml 15

Well my mom lost both of my favorite t shirts. We can start a dumb mom club.