By anonymous - 30/10/2009 07:45 - United States

Today, I decided to adopt a 11 year old dog that has been in need of a home for several months. Two hours after I got him home, I discovered him dead in the backyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 758
You deserved it 3 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats a shame, but you should be proud of yourself for doing something like that in the first place. It shows u care for it's life, even in it's last hours.

wellinever 5

Probably small consolation, but the poor dog probably died very happy to think that he had found a new owner who loved him. Upsetting for you, but the best ending he could have wished for. When you are ready, have another go. Definitely not an FML. You should feel your life is blessed.

Comments

twaumat 28
doglover100 28

I'm sorry, but he died in a loving home instead of the shelter.

notsofriendly 17

Aw... that's sad but really sweet... he died wanted, loved, and at home.

1. I'm so sorry for your loss. 2. Take comfort in the fact that at least you made that dog's last two hours on this earth happy ones. At least he got to die knowing that he was loved and in his forever home. Sadly, too many animals don't get that. 3. Did I mention that you're a really awesome person? I volunteer at an animal shelter and senior animals are kind of hard to get adopted. Everyone wants kittens and puppies.

FYL OP. I'm sorry that must've been terrible :( no pet death is easy

he probably let go because he was finally happy that someone cared for him and he was at peace. you did a great thing

maserle 8

im really sorry.. thats awful. but you did a nice thing. itll come back to you in a good way.