By teriyaki124 - 21/03/2009 09:13 - United States

Today, I came out to my mom. I had an epic speech planned, and when I tried to tell her, it all fell apart and I started crying and just said, "I'm gay." After a few seconds silence, my mom sighs and says, "Duh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 527
You deserved it 17 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I guess sometimes when you feel a certain way, you fear that others won't accept you. However, sometimes it's just obvious that someone you know is gay, so perhaps she just meant "duh" as a way to say she knew all along. Don't stress it. You said it, and it sounds like you were torn apart between your mother accepting you or not. Whether or not she accepts you, you said what you needed to say, and you no longer need to think about it.

Did she say duh in a bad way or did she accept you? Sounds to me like she knew and doesn't care. Def. not a FML situation, more like a Awesome Accepting Mom situation, if she does that is.

Comments

they generally know :) #29: if you don't like it, then feel free to gouge out your eardrums with a q-tip, mmkay?

camisado 0

Mothers always know first. It's the truth, they just DO. She probably figured that out YEARS ago. But anyways, good-luck, and be glad that she accepts you.

Vinny66 0

I can see how this is an FML. I mean the kid had a speech and everything, and then he just said im gay and his mom says "duh"=you act like a ******.

cleo_fml 0

Haha have you seen "not another gay movie"? this exact same thing happens.

what #1 said....totally awesome mom situation...wish my mom reacted the same

deathbycattle 0

be optimistic about it. At least she didn't throw you out or anything horrible.