By Shiva - 18/03/2014 08:46 - France - Niort

Today, I decided to clean my apartment from top to bottom. Once I was done, I looked over at my puppy, who then woke up, stretched, got out of his basket and started to pee. I shouted, "No!" Scared, he then ran all over the place, still peeing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 472
You deserved it 96

Top comments

Actually OP might have preferred that over peeing because its easier to clean up. Also if its carpet the pee smell is hard to get rid of and the puppy will want to pee there again.

Comments

It's just part of training he'll learn soon not to do that. You just have to be patient with him

incoherentrmblr 21

You mean to tell me that all we have to do is name a meme and we get the top comment?

#109 What if I told you that you was right?

Probably should've have shouted no... But hey - we learn from the past right?

I think he means maybe if she hadn't shouted suddenly at the puppy, he wouldn't have gotten so scared

kewpiesuicide 29

I did that to my cat once when he was throwing up. It ended up everywhere...definitely learned my lesson

Might just be me, but it's kind of an instant reaction to yell "NO!" when your pet goes to pee on your newly cleaned floor.

On the bright side, he didn't leave a turd!

Actually OP might have preferred that over peeing because its easier to clean up. Also if its carpet the pee smell is hard to get rid of and the puppy will want to pee there again.

MidnightMusic53 37

If you use ammonia to clean it up, they won't want to pee there again. Hopefully OP has some of that to use for the clean up.

Not true. If you use ammonia they'll be more likely to pee there again as urea breaks down and releases ammonia. In other words your marking the carpet with a stronger urine like scent indicating it is ok to pee there.

MidnightMusic53 37

I use ammonia all the time. I've never had a pet pee in that spot again. I wouldn't have said it works if it didn't work for me. Maybe it depends on the pet, but I'm sticking to ammonia for accidents.

falon142012 22

Actually, there are special products called enzymatic cleaners that completely break down bodily products, whether human or animal. Hospitals use it for vomit and blood, carpet cleaners use it for animal urine and feces. Among other things. Lol.

I think you have a bigger concern as to why you need to use it all the time.

Actually if you pour some rubbing alcohol on the spot it will get rid of the odor. I have heard hydrogen peroxide works also because it breaks down biological material. On a side note, peroxide will also help get blood and food stains out of clothing. Got that tip from a dry cleaner.

you should be nice with your pet.. bad luck

I don't think op was intentionally being mean trying trying to get the puppy to stop

I agree with 19. If my pup starts to piddle or crouch, a loud, firm NO or AH AH AH gets his attention so he stops and I can get him outside, where he gets praise and treats for going. If your pup is still really young, OP, he has very little bladder control. Mine's five months, and it was harder for him to stop once started when he was younger, but it's gotten easier. Patience, love, and treats!

Give them time. :) Take them out every 45 minutes to an hour and always after they wake up from a nap. I'm three months in and he still has accidents, so don't give up. Learn your pup's tendencies, learn it's signs that its gotta go. It's a long process.

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The first thing you should do is take you puppy outside and then reward it for peeing where you want it to go. Puppies always need to go outside just after they wake up.

sweetprettykitty 10

It sounds like the puppy woke up and peed almost right after it crawled out of the basket. Not much time to take it outside instantly.

True but she should have taken it out before she started cleaning and she should have been keeping an eye on her puppy.

sweetprettykitty 10

she was cleaning while the puppy was sleeping...was she supposed to wake up the puppy (however much earlier) and take it outside, and then start cleaning....?? You've never owned a puppy have you? Much easier said then done, especially while trying to have some sort of a semi routine